DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    lightened ring gear polished gear
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

lightened ring gear polished gear
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
The performance value of lightened rotating mass is exponentially increased by the speed at which you are trying to accelerate the mass.

I.E.> Losing 4 lb. of mass won't mean as much in a vehicle with a 7.5:1 starting line ratio versus a 11.7:1 or 15.77:1 SLR
This would apply to all rotating mass M.O.I.

John Kilgore has some interesting thoughts about. Pretty smart guy.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1645 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Al Alguire:
quote:
Originally posted by Goob:
quote:
Originally posted by Al Alguire:
Yes we do....See link for demo Smile

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/Pg2n06R79a4

Way too much backlash clearance.

That said, I got a "deburred and detailed" gear set once, and there was a HUGE difference in rotational / contact drag. FWIW

Or not if you know you know.. Imagine most here cannot even identify the center section

Well, it sounds like a lot. Probably an auditory illusion. Big Grin
I run drag race stuff pretty snug, because it never gets really warmed up.
If it's endurance use or preheated to operating temperatures, then it needs more.

Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1645 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SpeierRacingHeads
posted Hide Post
My Super Stocker SLR = 15.53

Also, they roll that easy when only 1 tooth is making contact with the pinion! Smile Smile

Posts: 1405 | Location: Hays Kansas | Registered: January 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SpeierRacingHeads:
My Super Stocker SLR = 15.53

Also, they roll that easy when only 1 tooth is making contact with the pinion! Smile Smile

Those ratios make things lively after launch. Wink

I was 3.08 low / 5.14's to get there....yours is probably different. Cool

Dave Cook
N375