DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Vacuum pump bracket
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vacuum pump bracket
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of vega3410
posted
Looking to see if theres a manufacturer that makes a vacuum pump bracket that uses the front 2 lower holes on a bbc.. thanks

In greed we trust...So where's my money at?

Posts: 187 | Location: Elyria,Ohio | Registered: February 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of victo
posted Hide Post
(209) 296-3793 ask Bill at GZ

2012 West Coast Pro Gas E/Gas Champion

Posts: 523 | Location: Novato | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I was gonna try my moroso one in those hopes but radiator hose is in the way.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 23taltered
posted Hide Post
Our bracket isn't specifically made for that location but you should be able to make it work by drilling a hole or two in it, as long as the chassis, Etc, isn't in the way.

Bill Huntington
GZMOTORSPORTS.com

gzmotorsports.com/video/PRI2010.wmv

Posts: 163 | Location: Northern Cal | Registered: January 06, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I have a small block but I think the three bolt hole locations are standard between big block and small block?
I used the BBC mounting plate on my SBC and drilled the third hole to make it stronger. When I had the Hoosier tires it would tire shake so bad it was tearing everything up so I made it stronger. I think all of the brackets should use three holes much stronger and eliminates that vibration.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3981 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I checked my bracket today and it will line up with those holes but the holes are for 3/8 bolts not 7/16 which those holes you are talking about are tapped to. You would have to enlarge the slot which would be hard to do with typical home tools.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of vega3410
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by green1:
I checked my bracket today and it will line up with those holes but the holes are for 3/8 bolts not 7/16 which those holes you are talking about are tapped to. You would have to enlarge the slot which would be hard to do with typical home tools.

Which bracket do you have? I can alter one at work in the bridgeport..

Posts: 187 | Location: Elyria,Ohio | Registered: February 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Moroso 63917

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
It could cause problems with radiator hose if you are running regular sized hose.

DRR Trophy
Picture of vega3410
posted Hide Post
I want to mount on the drivers side.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Ok. I had alternator and crank trigger mounted on that side.

DRR Trophy
Picture of NC3x58
posted Hide Post
Could anyone send me pictures of their setups for mounting vacuum pump not on the head? New engine going in my car does not have the holes drilled in the head for mounting anything to it... I can drill my front motor plate, would just prefer not to.

Nick Craig

1971 Camaro Split Bumper
376ci LS3

Posts: 410 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I am drilling motor plate so I can’t help you out Nick.

DRR Trophy
Picture of NC3x58
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by green1:
I am drilling motor plate so I can’t help you out Nick.

That'll be my last resort if I can't come up with any better ideas.. Gonna do the same thing with my coil, have to get a different bracket that only uses two mounting points to hold the HVC-II coil and mount it on the back of mid plate.

Nick Craig

1971 Camaro Split Bumper
376ci LS3

Posts: 410 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post