New
Find
Notify
Tools

Valve Body
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted
So i purchased a powerglide transmission with a reverse pattern valve body and trans brake. Can i just change the valve body to a forward pattern with transbrake and that's it? I have not taken anything apart at this time. I've made a few calls and am getting conflicting answers.

Posts: 1625 | Location: UsA | Registered: October 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of jmarkaudio
posted Hide Post
Should not be an issue, the only one I have seen with the trans itself modified were on forward pattern pro brakes. Not to say someone didn't do something crazy, but unlikely. Reverse pattern brakes were used more before quality shifters and pro brakes requiring the trans brake to be activated for reverse were common.

Mark Whitener
RFD Heads
FTI Converter
Fab Shop Headers
Home built 2 circuit Dominator :-)
www.racingfuelsystems.com

Good work isn't cheap and cheap work can't be good.

Posts: 1047 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
The VB controls fluid flow and what gear your in depending on the manual valve inside it and operated by the shifter.

Trans brake case mods should have nothing to do with forward or reverse pattern.

I am no expert but that's my thoughts on it...

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Thanks- kinda what I thought.

Posts: 1625 | Location: UsA | Registered: October 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post