DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    RC component beadlock conversion
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

RC component beadlock conversion
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Rymo
posted
Anyone ever dealt with them for getting your wheels beadlocked? Pros and cons?

Ryan Fasano

2014 Byron Overall Track Champion
Byron's actual elevation is 730' because that matters more than winning anything ever....

Posts: 535 | Location: wisconsin | Registered: January 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of SST386
posted Hide Post
They are local to me, been making motorcycle wheels for several years. Just got into drag wheels. I haven't used any but seen several. They look real nice.

Posts: 361 | Location: KENTUCKY | Registered: May 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Rymo
posted Hide Post
Thank you. I recieved a card in the mail saying $695 for a single beadlock and $1195 for both sides those are prices for the pair of wheels. Just wanted to see if anyone used then yet

Ryan Fasano

Byron's actual elevation is 730' because that matters more than winning anything ever....

Posts: 535 | Location: wisconsin | Registered: January 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Why do a single? Are there some disadvantages to this? I would think holding one sidewall differently than the other would be a bad thing.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6405 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
You might try Holeshot in Florida they are fair priced and look great.

They are $498 a set for singles and $998 for doubles last I looked.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: HR3377,

Posts: 608 | Location: nw ohio | Registered: November 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
RC wheels are everywhere in the small tire radial world and as far as I know, I haven’t heard of a single problem. I spoke with them at PRI last year...seem like great people. A set of there wheels will go on my car this year!! If I where to just do bead lock conversions, MacFab is my only choice!!!

Dykes & Strippers Custom Wiring
Auto Meter Authorized Dealer
CleanYourTrailer.com
Horse Power Sales
USADragRacingChat.com
Fab Shop
Race Flow Development

245" Harry Clack
399 inches of Horse Power Sales Power
1.031, 2.978, 4.640 at 147.47

Posts: 492 | Location: Lebanon, OH | Registered: March 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
WE had 3 sets done all 3 leaked had to be sent back. They did fix them, at our inconvience of taking them back. They also scratched them and discolored one set from the welding I assume. Would not recommend them.

Posts: 23 | Location: Clarksville,Tn. 37042 | Registered: December 21, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of Rymo
posted Hide Post
I have black powdercoated wheels so im worried about how theyd end up also. Thanks for the info. Why would someone only want single sided beadlocks vs doubles? Cheapness or do some car simply not need it

Ryan Fasano

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Rymo, I had a set of black powder coated wheels done by Extreme Fab and it only slightly affected the coating behind the ring that you can't even see. Not sure what they charge now for their double beadlock conversion but back three years ago I found that most of the companies doing it were comparable in price. Good luck. I think it's the way to go when you already have the wheels. Kevin

Posts: 197 | Location: Corunna, Ontario, Canada | Registered: September 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of David Gerard
posted Hide Post
Talk to Neil and Parks Racing.

Real racers that do everything right the first time! You can't go wrong!

https://neilparks.com/

Posts: 414 | Location: Fullerton, CA | Registered: June 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Call Chris @ LRP wheels 623-363-0551.

Posts: 3 | Location: central ohio | Registered: June 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
2nd on Scott Parks at neil and parks. We have had 2 sets done for comp eliminator and I am about to do a set of 16" for my s/c car.
Quoted me 1300 to do the 16"

Posts: 36 | Location: BROKEN ARROW OK | Registered: March 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 369dragster
posted Hide Post
You can try Marc at Dewzen,his wheels look sharp. No idea on cost.

Ken

Posts: 319 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
Neils and Parks FTW....

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post