DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Our Racing Program
Page 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Our Racing Program
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Al Alguire:
You have a PM....

Thanks Al!

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2517 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Here's our retirement racing rig, truck is a 2023 & the trailer is a 2022. More info to come, when I find time. Big Grin

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2517 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Well, we have 3 races under the belt with the new updated combo on the 80 Camaro. No first round loses & improving every race; the first one was plain ugly. We have been throwing the kitchen sink at the car during time runs & eliminations. It keeps on improving in the multiple areas we are targeting. I have a bunch of changes to make before our next & final race of the year, Thanksgiving. Hopefully we can get it on the hub dyno with a tuner before that race.

I hope to get a win at one of the races at Thanksgiving, I'll have 4 or 5 chances. I do very well at this race & won a good amount of money in the past. Big Grin

I'm a still

Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Below is the #7 plug chop & it's from the leanest cylinder. We spot check the other cylinders at random, without cutting the plugs. When we get closer to the tune, we will cut the other cylinders plugs. We had 2 runs on the #7 plug & while the pic shows a brownish color, it's a medium to dark grey. I forgot to snap a pic of the ground strap & wasn't going garbage can diving to get it. Regardless, the ground straps aren't showing any heat yet.

The current tuning change netted us .3 + reduction in ET & about 7 mph in the 1/4 mile. We/I know enough to be dangerous with this whole Wanna-Be tuner thing! We made a small change in the target AFRs & timing; with a .1 leaner Idle, Cruise & WOT AFRs & 1* more timing to the same parameters. To net this significant improvement.

The tune is still very safe. Next, we are going to work on leaning it out during the low side limiter while on the transbrake. After that working on getting it to the dyno with a tuner.

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Here's some details on the trailer:

Year:
Make:
Vintage
Model:
Pro Stock
Frame:
Steel
Length:
34'
Width:
8.5'

34' Vintage Trailer with Full Bath
24' Awning
6000# Torsion Axles (3)
Electric Brakes - All Axles|
Workbench
Closet
Overhead Cabinets
Generator Compartment
Generator Door
Pro Stock Bath Package
30 Gallon Black Tank
51 Gallon Fresh Water Tank
60 Gallon Gray Tank
AM/FM Stereo with CD Player
Exterior Speakers
Electric Water Heater
Aluminum Wheels
Wide Ramp Rear Door
12" Extra Height
48" Side Entry Door
Aluminum Pull Out Step
15.0 BTU Roof Mount A/C Unit with Thermostat
12V Powered Roof Fan
Braced and Wired for Future A/C
One Piece Aluminum Roof
.040 Screwless Aluminum Exterior
110V Receptacles - Interior and Exterior
12V Battery and Box
12V LED Loading Light
12V LED Panel Lights
12V LED 50" Light Bar
12V LED Scene Lights
45 AMP Smart Charger
50 AMP Panel with Shore Line Cord
ATP Ramp
Coin Flooring
60" Tongue
Rear Spoiler
Spread Axles
D-Rings
Generator Slides
.030 Smooth Aluminum Interior
36" Wall Carpet
Insulated Walls and Ceiling
Polished Corners
Prepped for A/C
Aluminum Wheels
Recessed Spare Tire Compartment

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:
Next, we are going to work on leaning it out during the low side limiter while on the transbrake. After that working on getting it to the dyno with a tuner. [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]Originally posted by B KING:
I reviewed my time slips (9) from this past weekend, racing both days. I did notice a nice trend of 1.44x 60's, with four of them being identical. While not impressive for 60' times, we know why they are slow from the data logs. The ECU goes into open loop when TB is applied & on the two-step. My buddy had the same issue & knows how to fix it, he's going to remote tune it; with me putting it on the two-step in the shop. It should help with lowering the 60'.

I did have two 60's out of the 1.44x range. One was a 1.428 & the only thing I can account that for, was a fresh track prep. The 2nd one was not doing a proper burnout after having the water in the water box longer than a top fuel dragster. I guess I should have done a top fuel burnout. Anyway, I must have had water on the right tire & made a hard turn towards the tree & aborted the run.

I've been working on the low side limiter on the transbrake in the shop. Yesterday I darned near blew the mufflers off the headers. I guess I didn't have that tune right, LOL! Today, went much better by adding fuel in the cells during the low side limiter. It's the smoothest it has been so far, but still having lean spikes of 15.0-17.0 AFR. I'll keep working on it & hopefully get some gains in the 60'.

2BKing Big Grin

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Been busy getting spare parts for the ProCharged combination, primarily the fuel injection.

Engine: I'm sitting pretty good with spare pistons/rings/pins, lifters, rocker arms/shaft, valve springs & I'm sure I forgot something. I do need to get some spare head gaskets & intake gaskets. If all else fails, I have a spare fresh N/A back-up motor; I would probably never use it.

Fuel Injection: I have all the spare sensors for the FI & the only thing I need to get is 8 upgraded spare injectors. I do have spare fuel filters & may get spare fuel pumps for the fuel cell.

NOTE: I hate putting away all the spare carburetors & tuning parts. I probably wouldn't even use them on the spare motor. I would just put a tune in the fuel injection for the spare motor.

Transmission: I do have a spare ATI stock case transmission & 2 convertors; they can only be used for the spare motor. I guess I need to look at getting a spare transmission for the ProCharged combo.

2BKing Smile

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:

Year:
Make:
Vintage
Model:
Pro Stock
Frame:
Steel
Length:
34'
Width:
8.5'

24' Awning
6000# Torsion Axles (3)
Workbench
Closet
Overhead Cabinets
Generator Compartment
Generator Door
Pro Stock Bath Package
30 Gallon Black Tank
60 Gallon Gray Tank
Exterior Speakers
Electric Water Heater
Aluminum Wheels
Wide Ramp Rear Door
12" Extra Height
48" Side Entry Door
Aluminum Pull Out Step
12V Powered Roof Fan
One Piece Aluminum Roof
12V Battery and Box
12V LED Loading Light
12V LED Panel Lights
12V LED 50" Light Bar
12V LED Scene Lights
45 AMP Smart Charger
ATP Ramp
Coin Flooring
60" Tongue
Rear Spoiler
Spread Axles
D-Rings
Generator Slides
36" Wall Carpet
Polished Corners
Prepped for A/C
Aluminum Wheels

Now THAT is a nice white trailer.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3990 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
quote:

Year:
Make:
Vintage
Model:
Pro Stock
Frame:
Steel
Length:
34'
Width:
8.5'

24' Awning
6000# Torsion Axles (3)
Workbench
Closet
Overhead Cabinets
Generator Compartment
Generator Door
Pro Stock Bath Package
30 Gallon Black Tank
60 Gallon Gray Tank
Exterior Speakers
Electric Water Heater
Aluminum Wheels
Wide Ramp Rear Door
12" Extra Height
48" Side Entry Door
Aluminum Pull Out Step
12V Powered Roof Fan
One Piece Aluminum Roof
12V Battery and Box
12V LED Loading Light
12V LED Panel Lights
12V LED 50" Light Bar
12V LED Scene Lights
45 AMP Smart Charger
ATP Ramp
Coin Flooring
60" Tongue
Rear Spoiler
Spread Axles
D-Rings
Generator Slides
36" Wall Carpet
Polished Corners
Prepped for A/C
Aluminum Wheels

Now THAT is a nice white trailer.

Come on Curly, get it right! "Now THAT is a nice white trailer" that "never will be!" According to our resident DBag P....I.G.L.E.Y.

2BKing Cool

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
His opinion does not matter.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3990 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I wanted to clean the new truck 2 days ago & use our new pressure washer. The truck just had dust on it, what a job with the black paint. Then I decided to do the trailer also, that was easier being it's white. Everything is looking good for the upcoming races. After the races, we are going to have a mobile detailer wash & wax both. Smile

2BKing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Bryan, What ECU are you using?

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4450 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Holley

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
I wanted to clean the new truck 2 days ago & use our new pressure washer. The truck just had dust on it, what a job with the black paint. Then I decided to do the trailer also, that was easier being it's white. Everything is looking good for the upcoming races. After the races, we are going to have a mobile detailer wash & wax both. Smile

2BKing

Looks great!

BG

Posts: 759 | Location: Florence, SC | Registered: August 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Thanks BG,

Everything is packed/loaded & heading for the track for parking tomorrow. Big Grin

2BKing Cool

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
A week early??

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4450 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Racing the Street Car Super Nationals Wed. - Sun

https://www.streetcarsupernati...ce-info---vegas.html

2BKing Smile

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
oic ... Good luck ... cya next week

Dave

F J B

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
The new combo is really starting to work really well now, still room for improvement. With only 4 races under its belt, the car keeps on improving every race.

The Procharger is doing well & seems to be a good fit for bracket racing. While I'm still having some teething pains with the Holley Sniper Injection, it/I'm are coming along pretty good. The injection is showing signs that it will add to the consistency of the car.

I had my doubts the first couple races out, but the 3rd race & this past week of testing with a race this weekend. It's really coming along good now, I just need to speed up my learning curve with the keyboard tuning!

2BKing

Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
UPDATE: The car is raceable now, but still needs work. Out of ten races it has only been out in the 1st round one race. The 1st 4 races were not pretty, but the car showed some good signs. From then on, we have been going deep into the rounds with a race win on our 6th race & down to 5 cars on the last race. It was nice getting 2 checks to end the year.

I had mentioned in this thread or another I wanted two race tunes on the car. The 1st one being around a 9.30-9.40 tune. Well, most of our runs have been 1/8th mile & one race was 1/4 mile; I had to slow the car to 10.00 for an unknown diaper rule on the 1/4 mile race. Anyway, I found a 5.95 tune that I wanted to race with. It's a little slow for our 1st goal, but worked really good for the class we were running. The 60's were right around 1.35 on a cold track. The plan is to add a little more timing, lean the WOT AFR a little & fatten up the fuel on the 2-step. This should give us a tenth or two.

Still hoping to find time this year to get the car on the chassis dyno for some professional tuning on the EFI. Hopefully to get us our 2nd tune-up, an 8.70 to 8.80 tune.

Got lots to do & very little time to do it. Racing will be starting in Jan. again & I have another project coming to the shop this coming weekend.

2BKing Smile

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436