DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Trailer diamond plate polishing
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trailer diamond plate polishing
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted
Does somebody have a procedure they use for shining up the exterior aluminum diamond plate on the front of their trailer?
I can get it cleaned up and a little shiney, but not a brilliant like shine.
Using a couple different pads and a 90* body grinder. But even a soft pad won't get a decent shine....

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4442 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I hire a couple of crack heads…

Posts: 1250 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
How funny....about halfway through trying to do mine I thought "fuc this....this is crackhead work" lol

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4442 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Dave,

Just come up off some of that $$$ you have & get someone to do it! Wink I'm getting ready to have my truck & trailer detailed. Big Grin

2BKING is living life.

Relaxing

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2493 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:
Dave,

Just come up off some of that $$$ you have & get someone to do it! Wink I'm getting ready to have my truck & trailer detailed. Big Grin

2BKING is living life.

Relaxing

I remember in the "old days" there were guys that used to come through the pits and wash/detail trucks and trailers. polish wheels and any aluminum you had....I guess now days there's just guys that go through the pits to rip you off...

Dave

F J B

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I never saw it at the local level, but seen it plenty at the Divisional & National races. Cool

2BKING Smile

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2493 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:
I never saw it at the local level, but seen it plenty at the Divisional & National races. Cool

2BKING Smile

Yes that would be the "old days" when I ran nhra races.....

Dave

F J B

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by imakehp:
I remember in the "old days" there were guys that used to come through the pits and wash/detail trucks and trailers. polish wheels and any aluminum you had....I guess now days there's just guys that go through the pits to rip you off...

At St Louis this past September, the guy offered to do all 10 wheels on my rig plus the tanks for $30. I couldn't get the money out fast enough, and they looked great!

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3148 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lenny5160:
quote:
Originally posted by imakehp:

At St Louis this past September, the guy offered to do all 10 wheels on my rig plus the tanks for $30. I couldn't get the money out fast enough, and they looked great!

yep me to, thats what I do when I see them, TJ's

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1513 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WHOMPWHOMP:
I hire a couple of crack heads…

Laughing Hard

Posts: 1749 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Gord’s aluminum polish worked for me. There’s a YouTube video about it.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5296 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of CAD
posted Hide Post
Either Flitz or California Purple polish.
A friend of mine used to use scrap pieces of carpet cut into 4"x4" at one time.

Posts: 121 | Location: Omaha NE | Registered: October 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Funny I’m about to spray miiinewith bed liner because when it’s polished it reflects my led back up lights and makes I hard to see

Posts: 386 | Location: Natick MA | Registered: November 15, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
imakehp try calling around RV parks there are many folks who clean and polish them maybe one of those guys would do your trailer floor. We had them done twice last winter when in AZ

The difference between ignorance and stupidity. Ignorance is lack of knowledge. Stupidity is the inability to learn. Don't be stupid

Posts: 394 | Location: des moines iowa | Registered: January 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of SR2010
posted Hide Post
I use White Diamond and a foam buffing pad on aluminum and get good results. https://whitediamondamerica.co...l-polish-and-sealant

Posts: 21 | Location: Ooltewah, TN | Registered: September 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Just need to polish a couple replacements pieces on the front of the trailer...I'd kill myself if I had polished diamond plate for a floor....my flooring is one piece vinyl 8" black and white squares pattern

Dave

F J B