DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Converter for Procharger
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Converter for Procharger
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
I have a 4link dragster and just installed a procharger. 540 big block. Whats you guys opinion on converter. Tight or loose and flash points.The guys with prochargers please reply.
Whats the best fall back after shift 3 hundreds or 7 hundreds.

Posts: 17 | Location: Alpine AL | Registered: September 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I have ran 6800 stall with 400 fall back and also 5300 stall with 1400 fall back i prefer tight converter but with tight converter I have to manage tire shake with timing

Posts: 25 | Location: Iowa | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thats good information. MY CONVERTER flash to 5800 and fall back is 700 and I was thinking it was to tight put seems like i am close.

Posts: 17 | Location: Alpine AL | Registered: September 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
what procharger boost and ET you running? sent you message

Posts: 25 | Location: Iowa | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
9 pounds boost and et 4.50

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Converter Inefficient according to the boost in play. Rotating assembly/ block designed around the potential for rpm.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I have a 540 APD f1r procharger dragster and run 10 to 11 pds of boost depending on weather. Mine seems very happy with around 6600 flash. Mine runs best with that 10 to 11 pds 4.22 166. I did alot of testing different converter and had very good luck Kevin at Hughes and Lee Ream at
C2 converters

Posts: 154 | Location: Syracuse NY | Registered: November 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of FTI
posted Hide Post
Let me throw in my 2 cents. If you are going to bracket race and you wanna go fast as well you will find that you will want a looser converter in the procharger package. Two reasons!!

Number 1. Boost is a direct relationship to blower speed!! When the converter is looser on the hit the boost will be higher leaving the starting line therefore being faster to the 60. the second half of this answer is the less rpm drop you have at the gearcahnger will result in the boost staying up as well making it run faster and recover better from the gear change.

Number 2. In a boosted application the blower or procharger (unlike Nitrous) does not make its own air. It is compressing the current external air. Add in the fact the more boost the hotter the intake air temperature. When you make a swing in boost pressure you are multiplying the air quality, Whether good or bad!! To keep the car consistent you will need to keep boost as consistent as possible. This can be accomplished several ways. Though exotic tuning,1 speed transmissions,converter election,and gear ratio, That will create a whole other conversation.

Greg

FTI Performance
Competition Converters and Racing Transmissions
"Some call it cheating, we call it the competitive edge."
www.FTIPerformance.com
info@ftiperformance.com

Posts: 160 | Location: Deland, FL | Registered: August 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thanks a lot. That really cleared up a lot of my questions.....

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thanks a lot.. you really cleared the air for me...