DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Brake light switch.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Brake light switch.
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
Need recommendations on a switch for my S-10 build. Stock out as there is not a bracket to attach to. Ive looked at the lever style, the remote pressure (attached to the brake line). whos used what and pros or cons?

Posts: 700 | Location: At the beach | Registered: August 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I have a pressure switch on mine that came from NAPA that works great. It uses the round bullet connectors. I never could keep the lever switch adjusted.

Posts: 337 | Location: up on the wheel | Registered: March 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of SMOORE
posted Hide Post
Jegs sells a brake pressure switch i just wired a s10 that had one on it

AMERICAN RACE CARS
www.americanracecars.net
APD
www.apdracing.com
WOODFORD OIL CO.
www.woodfordoil.com
RENEGADE RACING FUELS
www.renegadepro1.com

Posts: 228 | Location: Flatwoods,ky | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I use the old pressure/diaphragm switch as a low oil pressure idiot light, always worked well. Many moons ago I had an old '62 Falcon beater I drove back and forth to work. Started having trouble with battery drain. Finally traced it to the pressure/diaphragm switch on the master cylinder. Guess the diaphragm either had a pin hole that would let it leak of the diaphragm became too relaxed and allowed minor current to flow. Point being, they can go bad.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2330 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of BarneyB
posted Hide Post
On cars I wire I make a bracket up and mount a micro switch to it and mount it so it is against the pedal lever, wire it normally closed so when you push the pedal it leaves the switch and puts power to your break lights.

WiredTwoWin race car wiring

Posts: 2436 | Location: Wadsworth, Ohio | Registered: December 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Great suggestions. Thanks

Posts: 700 | Location: At the beach | Registered: August 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of HS professor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Stock out as there is not a bracket to attach to.

What type of pedal assembly ??? I made a bracket and used a typical 60's-70's 2 wire plunger style brake light switch. Easiest part of the build lol

Posts: 1421 | Location: Monroe twp nj | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of FootbrakeJim
posted Hide Post
There was a good discussion on this topic, right here last Summer:
Brake Light Switch Thread

https://drr.infopop.cc/eve/foru...697045196#3697045196

Dan "Jim" Moore
Much too young to feel this damn old!!

Posts: 1032 | Location: Farmersville, TX  | Registered: December 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
This one has worked well for me every time I have used it. Comes with the connector as well

https://proshop.summitracing.com/parts/prf-80174

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 985 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post