DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Suggested Supplier For CrN Coated Custom Titanium Valves
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Suggested Supplier For CrN Coated Custom Titanium Valves
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of 433red
posted
The investment required for titanium valves has me digging deeper than normal to find a source. The valves I need for the new spring package on my 12 degree Profiler heads are not available as catalog items, who would be recommended to provide a set of coated custom intake & exhaust titanium valves? The customer service and final product is more valued than price on this purchase. Any suggestions and why is appreciated.

Posts: 102 | Location: Ga | Registered: July 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
I'm using custom valves for those same heads from Victory. Intakes are coated, exhaust are not. That's what my head guy wanted. Victory is top notch.

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1465 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of 433red
posted Hide Post
Victory is a vendor who has been on my radar. Were you given a reason why not to coat the exh valves?

Posts: 102 | Location: Ga | Registered: July 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
The guy that does my heads didn't want them coated. He designed the valve profiles and requirements, so I let him decide what was best for the heads he did as well...

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1465 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Call Philip Oakley who builds Profiler headed combos and get his input.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I have been running the victory CRN coated intake and not coated exhaust same as Mark in my 18 Degree brodix heads for about 600 runs now.
Look perfect when freshened at about 400 runs
Wiped off with lacquer thinner and reinstalled.
I will change them when freshened again this winter.

Posts: 36 | Location: BROKEN ARROW OK | Registered: March 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bad News
posted Hide Post
Chromium Nitrate coatings are not needed on exhaust, it is an extremely hard coating, most do not run exhaust seals so they get very good lubrication, so wear is less, and the coating will slow the heat transfer to the seat/head.

Posts: 868 | Location: ft laud | Registered: September 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post