DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Inside the trailer discussion
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Inside the trailer discussion
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
No reason to sell except that I like the Gold Rush lift better. I can also get another pair of vertical channels from T&E to accomplish the same that the GR does or just leave what ain’t broken alone.

I haven’t seen any pictures of how the removable beam is held in place. Is that pretty easy and quick to install?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6378 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
quote:
No reason to sell except that I like the Gold Rush lift better. I can also get another pair of vertical channels from T&E to accomplish the same that the GR does or just leave what ain’t broken alone.

I haven’t seen any pictures of how the removable beam is held in place. Is that pretty easy and quick to install?

Put the beam in place, attach with a couple of these, lower the dragster onto the beam.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3150 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lenny5160:
quote:
quote:

Put the beam in place, attach with a couple of these, lower the dragster onto the beam.

Thank you! Are the holes in the beams sleeved or anything or just holes?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6378 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thank you! Are the holes in the beams sleeved or anything or just holes?

On the secondhand homemade unit I just installed Saturday night at the racetrack, just holes drilled through the beam.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3150 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Nitzsche
posted Hide Post
Much of this discussion needs to revolve around how your trailer is built. When I built my stacker I put backing plates under the floor/d rings. I was curios so I did not weld them to any members. Still very strong and not concerning. Most short trailers seem to have hat post walls that are about 18 gauge. I wouldn't want to mount much to them. I used 14 gauge tubing in my walls and fine thread self tappers grip it well. I welded channels with nuts on the back between wall studs to mount the top posts of my lift. I welded 1/4" plates to the frame with two 1/4" gussets under each plate for the floor mounting of the lift. I just completed my fifth year of hauling this trailer around with no problems. Not one screwless seam has separated of loosened.

Posts: 1364 | Location: Lansing,Mi | Registered: March 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post