Inside the trailer discussion

This topic can be found at:
https://drr.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/80760912/m/1357033996

September 26, 2022, 08:29 AM
Bucky
Inside the trailer discussion
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
No reason to sell except that I like the Gold Rush lift better. I can also get another pair of vertical channels from T&E to accomplish the same that the GR does or just leave what ain’t broken alone.

I haven’t seen any pictures of how the removable beam is held in place. Is that pretty easy and quick to install?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
September 26, 2022, 08:59 AM
Lenny5160
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
quote:
No reason to sell except that I like the Gold Rush lift better. I can also get another pair of vertical channels from T&E to accomplish the same that the GR does or just leave what ain’t broken alone.

I haven’t seen any pictures of how the removable beam is held in place. Is that pretty easy and quick to install?

Put the beam in place, attach with a couple of these, lower the dragster onto the beam.

Tony Leonard
September 26, 2022, 09:02 AM
Bucky
quote:
Originally posted by Lenny5160:
quote:
quote:

Put the beam in place, attach with a couple of these, lower the dragster onto the beam.

Thank you! Are the holes in the beams sleeved or anything or just holes?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
September 26, 2022, 09:51 AM
Lenny5160
quote:
Thank you! Are the holes in the beams sleeved or anything or just holes?

On the secondhand homemade unit I just installed Saturday night at the racetrack, just holes drilled through the beam.

Tony Leonard
September 26, 2022, 10:36 AM
Mike Nitzsche
Much of this discussion needs to revolve around how your trailer is built. When I built my stacker I put backing plates under the floor/d rings. I was curios so I did not weld them to any members. Still very strong and not concerning. Most short trailers seem to have hat post walls that are about 18 gauge. I wouldn't want to mount much to them. I used 14 gauge tubing in my walls and fine thread self tappers grip it well. I welded channels with nuts on the back between wall studs to mount the top posts of my lift. I welded 1/4" plates to the frame with two 1/4" gussets under each plate for the floor mounting of the lift. I just completed my fifth year of hauling this trailer around with no problems. Not one screwless seam has separated of loosened.