DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Valve Spring for 582
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Valve Spring for 582
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
Putting together a 582, had some PAC double springs on it. I hear many are switching to the triple springs. Any recommendations on what brand is holding up well?

Posts: 232 | Location: On the top of a bus! | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I prefer PSI as does my engine builders but I’m not aware of any issue with PAC and you definitely don’t need a triple spring. Neither the 1000 HP engine in my Firebird or the 1300HP engine in my dragster have triple valve springs.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
Doubles should be fine, especially if that has .870 lift or less. My conventional headed 632 that is north of 1150 only has doubles. I will say, 150 passes and i put new ones on.

Jeremiah Hall

Posts: 701 | Location: Evansville, IN | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Lift is .871 - .824

Posts: 232 | Location: On the top of a bus! | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bad News
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SmokinChicken:
Lift is .871 - .824

What is net,and is the profile agressive or a normal out of the book lobe, that is the number that counts.

Posts: 868 | Location: ft laud | Registered: September 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Somewhat on the aggressive side.

DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
I'd look real serious at the camshaft card recommendation.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1601 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
The PAC 1224 good to .850 net lift
PAC 1228 good to .900 net lift

Both are 1.625 OD dual springs without a flat damper

I’ve used PAC’s and PSI’s and both are good, no breakage.

Many are in love with way over 300lbs seat pressure.

The above springs are around 280 and work fine for me.

7500 and under

If you spin it to higher rpm with steel valves you might want the triple springs with 300+ on the seat.

Lobe lift x rocker ratio minus lash is your net lift. And there is generally some loss to deflection.

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post