DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Rodents and wiring
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rodents and wiring
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I have not tried the Fresh Cab Rodent repellent but may try it. I need to do something to get rid of them before they do damage.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3999 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
I read one guys article about this subject years ago.

He put it very well.

If you’re a mouse you need a safe place to live just to survive. Your not gonna let some soap or just about anything else just from a smell deter you from nesting in a dark place out of harms way. They build a nest with anything they find and huddle up for warmth. They will use the stuff you spread around to try and deter them for their nests! They can squeeze thru a very small opening of any kind and once in they ain’t moving out, lol !

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Bounce drier sheets also work

Posts: 387 | Location: Natick MA | Registered: November 15, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Dryer sheets work great in my boats.

It usually only costs twice as much to go first class.

Posts: 74 | Location: WYOMING MICHIGAN US*** | Registered: June 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of ytoddmalibu
posted Hide Post
I second the suggestion for Fresh Cab, I have used it in my motorhome every winter since having a rodent issue the first year. Ever since I started using Fresh Cab i've had zero issues, smells kinda like a potpourri. I tried the bar soap and peppermint with little success.
You can get it at amazon in a 4 pack pretty cheap

Todd P

3/28/2014 RIP Juli Pasch the love of my life for ever

Posts: 29 | Location: MidMichMotorplex | Registered: December 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I ordered some of the Cab Fresh stuff we will see if it works........

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

Posts: 3999 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I gotta say in Illinois, the best I can say about fresh cab is that the mice don't tear it up if we replace them several times per winter. But they don't keep mice out of the motorhome by any means. The peppermint can work if you reapply and you don't have a large area to protect. The best we have tried in the motorhome is sprinkling foot powder around on the floor and also outside the motorhome. When they walk through it it dusts a little and goes up their snout. It really bothers them. But that may not be helpful in the engine compartment. We have used fresh cab in a truck we keep in the barn, and have had no real problems with mice in it.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6391 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Saw an ad on FB today for Grandpa Gus’s Mouse repellent. You might do a search.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5302 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Last week I put 16 pouches of "Cabin Fresh in my Motorhome. Today I went out there and there are obviously a bunch of mice still in there.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
They make repeated traps that keep catching mice, not one at a time. I like the one you out on top of bucket of water, just don’t forget about it too long or the stench of dead mice in water will get you. I also like the one they crawl into and can’t get out of, I use a wire mesh ball used for brewing lose tea or herbs and fill it with peanut butter so they can’t eat it and just empty the mice as needed. This way it’s always baited and ready to catch.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
I have not looked under the hood of my MH lately....

They never get inside....just under the hood and like to snuggle in the valley under the intake manifold.

I have not started the engine for months...

They are attracted by the heat....

I just put traps with PB wherever I find evidence of them and check the traps everyday....

I also don't run my 2 Onan generators for the same reason.....the heat attracts them...Just drain the carbs and let them sit.....

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I saw a mouse late evening trying to climb the shore power cord! Scampered off..traps now..I made sure the plastic cord cover is in place so they cannot get in.

SCDIV1 I’ll contact you after Christmas regarding a trailer I just bought. 7k Emerald gas. 2002, runs great now but I need some doo’s and don’t...
had not run in 7 years. Drained tank, cleaned it, replace lines, replaced fuel pump and all filters.. took carb off-cleaned varnish and passages, bowl solenoid was stuck. New plugs, oil, filter and air filter. Runs like a top!

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4488 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Okay after three weeks with the Cab Fresh in my RV it seems to have made a difference. I have also stepped up my mouse traps outside. It has not eliminated all of the mice inside but it has helped.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"