DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    2015 GMC/Chevy 2500/3500HD Duramax
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2015 GMC/Chevy 2500/3500HD Duramax
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
my current and my previous '05 GMC 2500 Duramax Sierra has/had the lumbar option and never/ain't broke.

Ed, that's because gravity and impact loading is much lower in your case, Mike has a big heavy head and probably filled with Florida COVID19. Big Grin

Posts: 2157 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Laughing Hard

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of HS professor
posted Hide Post
Cant believe you have 200k miles already Eek

Posts: 1422 | Location: Monroe twp nj | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TOP38:
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
my current and my previous '05 GMC 2500 Duramax Sierra has/had the lumbar option and never/ain't broke.

Ed, that's because gravity and impact loading is much lower in your case, Mike has a big heavy head and probably filled with Florida COVID19. Big Grin

LoL! Yeah, they're dropping like flies here in Florida, believe them! I trip over dead bodies on the floor of the local store, that doesn't require I wear a mask.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HS professor:
Cant believe you have 200k miles already Eek

It's my daily driver. Log about 3500 miles a month.

48,000+ views about just another white truck. Laughing Hard

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of FootbrakeJim
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SCDIV1:
A 2005 did not have DEF

Rich, you are so right. Wink
I went back and fixed my post, truck is a 2015.

Dan "Jim" Moore
Much too young to feel this damn old!!

Posts: 1039 | Location: Farmersville, TX  | Registered: December 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of FootbrakeJim
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
Duramax is a bad mother trucker.

I did a Hydro boost tuneup on it myself. Runs like new approaching 80,000 miles now 2008 model.

I will admit to being clueless on this. What exactly IS a Hydro boost Tuneup? Is it related to the brakes?

Dan "Jim" Moore
Much too young to feel this damn old!!

Posts: 1039 | Location: Farmersville, TX  | Registered: December 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FootbrakeJim:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
Duramax is a bad mother trucker.

I did a Hydro boost tuneup on it myself. Runs like new approaching 80,000 miles now 2008 model.

I will admit to being clueless on this. What exactly IS a Hydro boost Tuneup? Is it related to the brakes?
Flush the hydro boost, it's not on the maintenance schedule but the guy at Maher Chevrolet I dealt with all the time when the truck was under warranty informed me it should be done every 30-40k, he had the same truck, they wanted $400.00 at the dealer. He told me it's simple and it is. Look it up on YouTube. Hydro boost is brakes and power steering flush.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of head gamez
posted Hide Post
My 2002 (I bought it in 2009) has been a great truck. Its only got ~135k miles on it now though. Just a few items over the years...

Put new injectors in it 2 years ago, that wasn't to bad cost wise.
I did have a brake caliper lock up last year away from home. $600 and 2 hours later I was on my way with all new brakes up front.
Lost and idler 2 years ago on the highway.
New water pump last year (including all new pulleys etc), and that was reasonable.

NFC (here on DRR) is my go to guy when it needs more than I want to do. Having that option, I feel good about hanging on to it forever.

Mikey

Posts: 1708 | Location: In a Marriott near you! | Registered: February 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post

49,000+ views about just another white truck. Laughing Hard

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post

50,000+ views about just another white truck. Laughing Hard

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
^^^^^Idiot Alert^^^^^

Posts: 654 | Location: Here | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
^^^^^P u s s y Alert^^^^^

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post

51,000+ views about just another white truck. Laughing Hard

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Ed, is that carpet in the bed is your truck? What brand? Is it universal or made to fit?

Posts: 495 | Location: Going to or returning from the chipmine. | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Bedrug, made for specific application.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
You keep this truck any longer it will need historic plates.

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Laughing Hard coming up on 6 years in February.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post

52,000+ views about just another white truck. Laughing Hard

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
6 years old in 13 days, been a great truck.

53,000+ views about just another white truck. Laughing Hard