DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    2015 GMC/Chevy 2500/3500HD Duramax
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2015 GMC/Chevy 2500/3500HD Duramax
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
On a GM vehicle (maybe not Buicks?) the first number of the VIN tells where it was made. If the first number is a "1" it was Made in the USA. If the first number is "2" it was Made in Canada, if the first number is "3" it was Made in Mexico. I "think" all of the trucks with Dmax engines are Made in the USA.....or at least I haven't seen one made elsewhere. My 2015 Silverado 1500 was Made in the USA but quite a few 1500's are build in Mexico.

I used to be a people person, but people ruined that.

Posts: 225 | Location: Usually home | Registered: January 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
and I feel the same about the other brands. Matter of fact, I've never owned any other brand car or truck by choice. Nothing stopping you from starting a thread about which ever truck you own or would buy but this thread is about what I bought.

Sorry I am bored and couldn't hold back on how you don't like it when somebody else flips your topic to something else than what you wanted. Sorry

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
you add nothing to this forum no mind this thread!

quote:
Originally posted by adv ET 266:
Was it assembled in the United States?

Of course Paul and so were the Goodyear tires it rolls on though I wish it came through with Michelin.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I rode in a coworker's 4 door late model Dodge ram the other day with the Longhorn package. I'm a GM guy, but I have to say I was impressed with that truck. Hemi had good power. Lots of room, and comfortable. But the ride was about the best part. Seems plyable but no body lean at all. I was impressed.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6405 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I tow with an 03 gmc duallie, 8.1 and an allison.
It gets 12/13 highway and 8 with the 28' trailer on.

No matter how many times you paint over a shadow it's still there.

Posts: 684 | Location: Galesburg Il. | Registered: December 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
1000 mile update, actually 1100 miles. So far no complaints, no issues, very comfortable ride. MPG remains at 16.7. Anyone using a diesel fuel additive/conditioner or are they just snake oil?

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Ed, I have only ever used Stanadyne. I'm not sure about now but it used to be the only additive that GM approved. I still use it in my Dodge. Never had an injector problem or gell ups. I see tons of fuel problems in all our equipment and diesel has the same stuff in it. It may be snake oil but I'm not taking any chances.

Posts: 1625 | Location: UsA | Registered: October 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info Lou. A friend of mine, who you might know and who is a diesel mechanic for a rigging company, tells me their fleet runs with Lucas Fuel Treatment/Conditoner.

That said, I never used anything in my prevous duramax, never had an injector problem unless you count the seat rotting out of one of the injectors Roll Eyes and never had any gelling.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
In my 2007 Dodge 3500 5.9 mega cab been using this for 2 years . Noticed .75 increase in mileage around in town, towing or just running down the highway.
http://www.xtremediesel.com/XD...WfkFhPm0gaArkC8P8HAQ

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
Stanadyne lubricity formula here, had a "sticky" injector (slight missing at idle) at 60,000 miles. Started using the Stanadyne at that time as recommended by a local diesel shop that is an authorized Bosch diesel injector rebuilder. No further injector problems in 120,000 miles.

The "sticky" injector was never replaced, the Stanadyne cured it! I won't leave home without it.

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
How is it for plowing snow? I imagine you have had some to move, and I think I saw that you ordered it with the plow package.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6405 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
No snow plow package and no way I would plow with this truck.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
$64,750 MSRP and will go $67,880 with off road suspension, power sunroof, rear seat entertanment pkg, snow plow pkg and dual alternators. Higher yet with the many appearance and convience optons available. That said, lets keep the replies about these GMC/Chevy trucks.

No snow plow package and no way I would plow with this truck.

interesting!

Posts: 178 | Location: Quebec,Canada | Registered: July 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
My Dodge said " SORRY "

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
500 miles of highway driving today at 70+ resulted in 19.4 MPG.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
That sounds better, was that actual or the on board computer reading?

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Driver Information Center

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I have been using Howes fuel treatment in mine.

Posts: 157 | Location: midwest | Registered: June 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of scarab1999
posted Hide Post
2004 with 220,000....i use Stanadyne with every tank and every 15,000 i put 5 gallons of kerosene in...keeps the injectors very clean and mileage up.....19.3 highway....12 towing a 28' with dragster etc

Posts: 97 | Location: troit | Registered: September 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
i love my 2009 ltz crew cab duramax dually . msrp was 59,900.00 and got it for 46,000.00 i have only 46,675 miles on it and it tows great and it is also my trip truck. took it to key west and got 19 + mpg down and back , tow trailer to vmp or richmond dragway get 11-13 mpg. dealer keeps sending me these offers to buy my truck @ 120 % over blue book value and buy 2015 with all rebates and bonus cash. i have not pulled the trigger on this because of the pig piss that has to be run in them. so if anyone has a newer duramax or ford how does the piss affect the engine ? i don't want to trade a perfectly good truck in on something that might end up causing problems.

70 z/28 tube chassis 4 link strut car 468 bbc 2670 # with driver. 1.22 60' 5.60 @ 123. mph 1/8. 8.80 @ 153. mph 1/4"

Posts: 2 | Location: chesterfield va | Registered: May 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post