DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    XS Battery and Charger
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

XS Battery and Charger
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted
I have a xp1000 battery and the xs 20 amp charger that is 14 months old. Never had in noticeable problems up until the other night. Has anybody had the issue of the charger over charging the battery because it didn't go to float mode? I left charger on all night like I have done since I have had it, even XS said I did what I was supposed to. My question is, did the battery short and cause the charger to not kick to float or did the charger just crap the bed? Not looking to bash the company, though the best thing that the company I bought it from said they would give me is a discounted price for a new charger and battery. A buddy had the exact same charger and battery that I used yesterday and everything worked perfectly like it did with my old stuff.

Jeremiah Hall

Posts: 702 | Location: Evansville, IN | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
I had a battery going bad and the charge amps would not drop and the battery got really hot

Posts: 1234 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Mine has never worked right on any of three batteries ever since I bought it. It will often get up to 20+ volts before it either goes to float or I turn it off. I've never let it go very long like that, never found a battery hot or anything, but I've always wondered what will happen if/when I forget to check on it.

I usually just use my old turbo start analog charger. At least on that one I can turn a couple screws if I find it overcharging.

Posts: 928 | Location: my own little world | Registered: July 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Do not waste your money on that new big charger. This is my sixth season using only the Autometer maintainer. Same battery as you. I never charge between rounds unless it’s overnight. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5298 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Jeremiah,I had the exact same thing happen to me.Same battery,same charger,same age.Left the charger on overnight in the trailer,went out next morning and could smell the acid before I even opened the trailer.Acid was all in the car(door car),battery was swelled twice it's normal size!It's a miracle it didn't burn everything up.Jegs sent me new stuff,but I NEVER leave it on without watching it now.

Posts: 106 | Location: Indy | Registered: April 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
I bought from summit, they said they could sell me a battery and charger for about 100 off because I had problems. XS says they would repair battery charger for about 150 and they would sell me a blem battery at a discounted price. Trying to figure out what I am going to do. But, I had a buddy that had same battery and charger that I borrowed this weekend, and car ran and acted the same as it always does. Kind of weird what it did, but who the hell knows.

Jeremiah Hall

Posts: 702 | Location: Evansville, IN | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
They have a new one out apparently. 72 bucks

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/atm-bex-5000

This is the one that Pivotdoc and I both use.

https://www.amazon.com/Auto-Me...tender/dp/B009T5P2PA

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5298 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
I use the Rock/Moroso charger and XS battery and never had an issue with either. Now the Rock battery I originally bought died after 2 years. Switched to the XS and no problems

Posts: 2403 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post