New
Find
Notify
Tools

purifying oil
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Big time alcohol class racers do it all the time. Go over to insidetopalcohol.com and you will find a good amount of information. Don't let Eddy2m o o b s stop what is a good idea

Posts: 185 | Location: Indy | Registered: January 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
He11 Ed not liking it is biggest thing to tell you that you should be doing it.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4184 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of SC4400
posted Hide Post
I've been doing it for 20 years. I stick a mechanical gauge in the big pot I have and heat it with an electric grill. The hottest I've seen is about 180. I strain it through a point filter. For some reason bug like to commit suicide on the fumes? Big Grin It takes about 12 hours.

Me personally, I don't give a flying $*^# what mental midgets think about ANYTHING I do with my life. Full Moon

RIP

It's a dangerous time in America. The communists are inside the gates.
Our survival is not guaranteed.

Posts: 793 | Location: Lake Charles La | Registered: January 29, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Hey at 14 bucks a qt. and fellas I race with throw 5 to 7 gallons out a weekend. I have no problem spend few ours. Lets see if do 5 gallons at 56 per thats about 280 bucks save and thats about 10 gallons of nitro free right. LMAO

At 15% to 25% (1 to 3 gallons alky or close) on few occasions the nitro probably last longer than 5 gallons of oil.

By the way heating oil with nitro is not how to clean it,makers worst. Draining off after sitting while is about only way to get nitro out.

Posts: 4184 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Chris sounds like a money saving move. If the Internet Idiot says it sucks, DO IT!!!!!

Posts: 654 | Location: Here | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
Chris maybe send a sample in just for the info. Smile

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Good thinking on the sampling. Really, you don't know what you don't know. If you know it is contaminated with fuel, then the prudent thing to do is do what it takes to SAFELY get the fuel out of it. If you are at all concerned about particulates, you could set up a pump and filter to recirculate it. Then if concerned, have it tested.
At work, we ONLY shut down once a year. If we are going to take a piece of equipment down for an oil change, we had better KNOW that it needs it. 200 gallons of what is apparently liquid gold isn't cheap. And stopping production isn't cheap either. And frankly a $200,000 bearing change (including production loss) isn't savory either. So testing is prudent.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6390 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
boiling, straining, testing, all in an effort to run USED oil. UNFUCINGBELIEVABLE! Then again your engine is JUNK too.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
boiling, straining, testing, all in an effort to run USED oil. UNFUCINGBELIEVABLE! Then again your engine is JUNK too.

So all the top alcohol racers that do this exact thing are running junk engines? Could it be you just have a hard on against this poster and anything he does you shoot down?

Posts: 185 | Location: Indy | Registered: January 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
So my TFX-92,$5500,with KB crank $3000(usa made billet crank) with GRP rods$1100 BUCKS SLINF A SET je $1000 piston,with BAE 5500 heads holding 1600 worth of titanium valve and a set of stage 5 rockers at$2800, Magnesium VC at $1100,with MSD MAG12 $1500, Enderle fuel injection,Gear driven comp cams camshaft$550 with isky roller lifters$1100,KB billet pump$500 and moroso pan at $550 is junk?

Then what the hell is that cheap a$$ thing between the frames rails of your dragster?

By the way Ed those are engine parts similar to those the guy you pay uses to build a Engine with.Well except most are he11 of lot stronger.

Ed again FOCUS and try not to worry so much about folks dycks and rather they are broken,it will make you old quicker and your man boobs will sag even more.

Again nothing to add except stupidity,But in Ed's case he has so much why not spread it around.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SP310G:
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:

So all the top alcohol racers that do this exact thing are running junk engines? Could it be you just have a hard on against this poster and anything he does you shoot down?

he can keep his hard on to himself and probably like his boobs , sagging.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Busted Knuckles
posted Hide Post
SpecialEd keeps forgetting that he started with a door car with a production block and production heads. Shyt he would call redneck broke dyck junk now. Supposedly won a Wally with that one.

Spent well over a quarter million on his current junk and ain't won shyt but he does have a nice trailer and some decent headers.

No wonder he spends his time here jumping between his topics, he has to fund his money pit racing project somehow...

Organized people are just too lazy to look for their $h!t.

Posts: 487 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: November 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post