Find
Notify
Tools

purifying oil
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted
The guy I am ahelping on TA/D has deal on redline oil and is(was) throwing 4 qt's away every run. I started getting it few races back. Do not see any alky in it even after 6 months sitting in jug. Already strained it twice.

Have heard heating it will evaporate the alky. EAsy enough to believe and do. Wondering if any other have done else wise. Only have about 35 gallons so far.LOL

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4192 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I've done it a couple times. I have the recipe saved somewhere. It took more heat than I expected. I filled a steel 5 gallon jug and set it on a griddle. I snuck up on the temp to keep from scorching the oil but thinking it was at least 300 for 1/2 hour before it stopped off gassing.

Make sure you do it in a well ventilated area. It didn't occur to me at first that you could probably blow the roof off the garage if you're not careful with all the fumes you're cooking out.

I quit doing this after I switched to JR 1. It never mixes in the first place so just strain and re use.

Posts: 928 | Location: my own little world | Registered: July 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
if you are so broke dyck you can't buy oil, you need to stay the fuc at home that's the bottomline!

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
F.O.C.U..S ED. thats bottom line. What the hell makes you arrogant a$$ think you can tell everyone else what they should or shouldn't do? Sounds like you switched to Hillary's way of thinking. Your opinion is like toilet paper and good for same.

The question is not what you think about do so but if you knew better way and in your case thats not even a question.

Now go anally pleasure yourself with long round red stick with sparkly string.light string and get a bang.

Posts: 4192 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
fyi, most every track has a drum(s) of used oil, take all you need and you fuc off dumb a s s! Spitting

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
again FOCUS!

Only broke dyck here is one your holding with tweezers.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: wideopen231,

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
everyone here knows the broke dyck is you, the redneck poorboy.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
Chris. the guys next door with their TAD actually
have a small cooker that they used all the time. Cleaned the alcohol right out of it. It held about 4.5 gallons. Not uncommon finding guys doing this.
Most likely he still has it on the shelf after the operation sell off.

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
It makes sense to re-use the oil if possible.
I have seen the alky guys doing it right in the pit area.

C'mon Ed, can't we just make sense once in awhile. Heck, the tree huggers might even like this idea.

Posts: 235 | Location: Justin, TX | Registered: July 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
See if he wants to sell it. Heck the cost savings of this stuff it will diffidently make it worth investment. Especailly at 12 to 14 bucks a qt and probably will fill a drum by mid summer.

Heck I thought about it this week end oil is twice what the fuel I bought for playing and doing cpl shows I am hopefully going to this fall.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I would suggest sending in a test sample of your finished, cooked, product to get a analysis sheet on it. I would also send in a brand new, out of the bottle, test sample to see what you really have in the end. Saving on used oil might end up costing you. This would be the way to determine if it's worth it.

Posts: 477 | Location: here | Registered: February 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Any hint as to where to send it? Agree its best,but with one 1/4 mile run at best,engine never makes 200* and about only possible containment would slight amount of alky. Hard to see it being hurt any.Still worth checking. Hey If I spend 200 bucks and get 55 gallons of oil I'm good with that.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Contacted one test company,waiting for reply. Still take suggestions of company to use.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I'm sure you'll get plenty of good suggestions, but if not..... Bob is the oil guy.... https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php

scroll down until you get to the oil analysis topics.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Blackstone labs, see below

https://www.blackstone-labs.com/

Posts: 477 | Location: here | Registered: February 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys will check them out 1st one doesn't do automotive stuff.

DRR Trophy
Picture of 69dart
posted Hide Post
I have a couple of 1st gen Cummins engines that love to run on used motor oil. I've run as much as 50% without any negatives.

I like recycling... maybe too much captain planet as a kid.

Posts: 27 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Edwad, the Internet Idiot, just cant shut up.

Posts: 654 | Location: Here | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
^^^says the no balls internet forum p u s s y

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Bingo! Works every time Full Moon

Posts: 654 | Location: Here | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post