DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Airport Drag Race @ 6000' ASL
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Airport Drag Race @ 6000' ASL
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted
We have an airport drag race the end of June. The airport is 6000' ASL, with no prep with some rubber put down from previous couple races.

Anyway, my son wanted to go up & race his drag/play quad. He wants me to take one of our cars. If I go, I will to take the 68 Camaro. The reason being, it has bias ply slicks. Our home track is Las Vegas @ about 2000' ASL. I have already made some carb adjustments to lean it out & will probably add 1* or 2* timing. We are not worried about how fast/slow we are. Mainly worried about a clean tune-up on the motor. This race is for fun & they will run a king if the hill. It will be ran 1/8 mile. Can you guys think of anything else for a base line?

https://www.facebook.com/Drag-...tah-208429979860792/

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2545 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I ran Tulsa last week and am headed to Denver this next weekend. I move mine 4 jet sizes and swap to a looser converter. Good luck and have fun!

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5308 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cashflow:
I ran Tulsa last week and am headed to Denver this next weekend. I move mine 4 jet sizes and swap to a looser converter. Good luck and have fun!

Good luck in Denver!

I decided to run at the Airport drags June 27. Our track is re-opening on that date for T&T, but with the new Covid restrictions. Anyway, I decided to take the 80 Camaro instead of the 68. We are going to see how good these Mickey PBRs work on a no prep/airport runway. Changes made: dropped jets 2 sizes pri./sec., 1*+ timing & 25#s ballast over rear tires. I thought about adding in a launch retard in the ignition & still may; I'm sure the altitude will kill the launch.

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2545 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post