DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Dragster chassis wheels or Skate wheels for loading
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dragster chassis wheels or Skate wheels for loading
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
I understand M&M cars and some S&W cars come with these as an option.S&W sells a kit and I’m sure does others. Anybody installed them or are they even worth having. I don’t want to waste my time and money if they useless. Thanks!

Posts: 101 | Location: Work | Registered: April 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
They most definitely work or we wouldn’t have wasted the time inventing them and implementing onto our chassis. Just a quick history we were loading a brand new dragster into a new trailer and it tore the floor so Justin said put back into the shop and that’s how he come up with the idea. Call us anytime day or night we can send you what you need Jantzen 7315143131 Justin 7312257243

M&M Race Cars and Competition Engines - Gleason, Tn
Injection is nice but id rather be blown!

Posts: 349 | Location: Gleason, TN | Registered: September 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
There a good addition to a chassis, thanks M&M

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1513 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of NEMO963
posted Hide Post
Yea I know my M&M wheels get some use. Usually loading/unloading late at night when it’s cooled way down and tire psi is down, or high spots transitioning from return road to my pit spot. They are chewed up a bit but better than the powder coat on my lower frame rails.

2015 M&M T/D
Nemo
Duty-Pride-Tradition
FTM/PTB

Posts: 312 | Location: Firehouse 10 Wichita Ks | Registered: February 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I added 4 pair under my 2007 miller. Works like a champ. Use skateboard wheels and gusset plates from your local chassis shop or fab shop. Drop the wheels down about 3/4" to 1" below the lower frame rails, 5/16" bolt, run the bolt through the bracket, through skateboard wheel, then other bracket, position on cross bars under the car, weld them out.

Posts: 370 | Location: Pride, La | Registered: April 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I've had two M&M dragsters and both had the chassis wheels. The wheels get used going in and out of my trailer every time I load. Mine has one piece carbon body which helps with regard to not catching the lower lips.

Posts: 2 | Location: iowa | Registered: March 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple Nickel:
I added 4 pair under my 2007 miller. Works like a champ. Use skateboard wheels and gusset plates from your local chassis shop or fab shop. Drop the wheels down about 3/4" to 1" below the lower frame rails, 5/16" bolt, run the bolt through the bracket, through skateboard wheel, then other bracket, position on cross bars under the car, weld them out.

Pictures if you are willing? Particularly about location.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6375 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
How would these do in a gravel driveway?

Posts: 928 | Location: my own little world | Registered: July 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BJs Wild Ride:

Depends on the wheel I bet. But better than your body bottom or the bottom chassis rails I would guess. Do you have a big hump?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6375 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
quote:
Originally posted by BJs Wild Ride:

Depends on the wheel I bet. But better than your body bottom or the bottom chassis rails I would guess. Do you have a big hump?

It’s TN. There isn’t a flat spot in site. I stick a wood block between the rear end and the chassis to hold it up some when moving it around but it still drags in spots

Posts: 928 | Location: my own little world | Registered: July 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Boucher Jr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by "Jantzen"-M&M RACECARS:
They most definitely work or we wouldn’t have wasted the time inventing them and implementing onto our chassis.

Lol.... First time ive ever witnessed somebody literally claim they invented the wheel. Only on drr....

Posts: 236 | Location: Il. | Registered: December 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
You must be a few sandwiches short of a picnic huh Boucher? No where did I say we invented a wheel. We are talking about the chassis wheels to prevent damage to the body. I’m sure I wasted my time replying idiots like you has ran me off from this site.

Posts: 349 | Location: Gleason, TN | Registered: September 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Boucher Jr
posted Hide Post
LOL. Dont take but one sandwich to make a picnic Yogi. But hey, if thats how ya'll feel pay the patent lawyer and get ridin that gravy train with biscuit wheels. He may just tell ya that weldin random parts from mcmaster onto a chassis dont quite cut the mustard but hell ya never know.

Posts: 236 | Location: Il. | Registered: December 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Bucky,

I never have been able to post a picture on this site. I do have a few pics. Private Message me and i'll send them via text.

Posts: 370 | Location: Pride, La | Registered: April 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
We are talking about the chassis wheels to prevent damage to the body.
I appreciate you replying to my post, I haven't had time to call one of you yet. I found a good picture of your design but mine has a slip joint at that same upright location. I recently modified mt trailers beavertail and need to make sure where exactly it will hit on chassis. Thanks Jantzen.

Posts: 101 | Location: Work | Registered: April 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JPosey:
quote:
We are talking about the chassis wheels to prevent damage to the body.
I appreciate you replying to my post, I haven't had time to call one of you yet. I found a good picture of your design but mine has a slip joint at that same upright location. I recently modified mt trailers beavertail and need to make sure where exactly it will hit on chassis. Thanks Jantzen.

Why would anyone mount a body that is that LOW? The body should be mounted higher than the bottom of the chassis for protection!

Posts: 2145 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
My dragster is a 1997 Racecraft 225 hardtail. Body is flush. My trailer is a 2000 Vintage that had a 4ft beavertail woth a 4 inch drop. It has a 6ft beavertail with a 3 1/4 drop.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Boucher Jr:
LOL. Dont take but one sandwich to make a picnic Yogi. But hey, if thats how ya'll feel pay the patent lawyer and get ridin that gravy train with biscuit wheels. He may just tell ya that weldin random parts from mcmaster onto a chassis dont quite cut the mustard but hell ya never know.
. First off we don’t care about a patent we have done seen several copy no big deal. Second we have our tabs laser cut and I hand make our wheels on a lathe once again proving your an idiot. If anyone needs anything you know how to contact us.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Boucher Jr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by "Jantzen"-M&M RACECARS:

your an idiot.

Didn't think of that

DRR Elite
Picture of adv ET 266
posted Hide Post
Never saw this thread till now. When I chose Justin to build my long car, I could of picked anyone, including many long established chassis builders. Talking to Justin, before and after the sale was always the best. I had one of the first to have get out handles. Chassis saver wheels came standard. The list of trick and super useful stuff that made the car work well was long. I ran the wheels off that car and had fun often.

2005 2000lb 4 link dragster
home brew 582 BBC Dart 355
4.629@149
7.310@185

Posts: 12149 | Location: 33463 | Registered: February 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post