DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Solid block and heads, driving to and from
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Solid block and heads, driving to and from
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Does anybody with a solid block and solid heads, blown on alky, bracket race and drive to the lanes and back, without towing?

93 Dodge Stealth -
526 KB Hemi
14-71 SSI Roots Blown

Posts: 193 | Location: Boynton Beach, Florida | Registered: April 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
No. Nobody does that. I’ll bet $5

The WO dude with the front engine car doesn’t count, he’s not really bracket racing. He’s just test and tuning with shoe polish.

Posts: 928 | Location: my own little world | Registered: July 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BJs Wild Ride:
No. Nobody does that. I’ll bet $5

The WO dude with the front engine car doesn’t count, he’s not really bracket racing. He’s just test and tuning with shoe polish.

Lol, Brutal but I think you are right.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3992 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
I had a KB solid block 572 cu in, with Brewer water heads. I drove it to and from the lanes/track. It was a 4.90 car.
Put the same engine together only with B1 heads in my dragster spun a rod bearing and broke a rod with it.

I have a solid KB Hemi block with BAE solid heads, 14.71 sitting on an engine stand but have yet to put it in the car. My plan was to bracket race it. But got to thinking about how much time I would have in the later rounds, so I haven't done anything with it yet.

Chris and I have talked about different ways to get them cooled off enough to race, but I don't think he has implemented anything yet. I know I haven't.

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3304 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of alanr
posted Hide Post
have solid Donovan and big chief heads (no water) with 14-71. tow to the lanes and back after run, then use fans to cool it down.

Posts: 10 | Location: southeastern, Pa | Registered: May 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
What does your oil temperature reach right after a pass??

Posts: 690 | Location: Bucks Co Pa | Registered: January 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
https://youtu.be/CNz7YBMvmdg

He didn't just make a pass but it did run quite a while with a solid block and headed 481X at that time. But now he has a Procharged AJPE Hemi.

Posts: 5 | Location: Hawaii | Registered: September 06, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post