Notify
Tools

engine diapers
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
Even if the diaper partially covers the oil filter like my old DRE did, if the oil filter seal blows it isn't going to catch the oil anyways

Agree, that’s why I have no issue with the new diaper for this pan not capturing the oil filter.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
Diaper should be mandatory in every form of racing

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1385 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
This^^^

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
What do the folks running an Old Mopar like my friend with the tie rod link going thru the oil pan do.

Posts: 265 | Location: Irving, Texas | Registered: March 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mopar Traitor:
What do the folks running an Old Mopar like my friend with the tie rod link going thru the oil pan do.

If I had to I would cut a slot and velcro it together or even cut holes where it goes and have a seamstress hem some trim around the holes.
May not be perfect but WAY better than not having one. IMHO.

Still I think a Diaper is one of if not the most important safety devices on your car. Almost as important as a Helmet. If you are ever in a crash a helmet could save your life. A Diaper could save you from ever having a wreck in the first place.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3992 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
quote:

Maybe a belly pan instead of a diaper?

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
In the case of the kink thru pan I would agree bellypan would be best bet. As for rule you only need 2" deep so if more than that clearance wise you would be good.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4179 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:

The diaper on my Nova has a hole on each side for the factory motor mounts. The Mopar scenario would be somewhat similar.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3151 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:

My 64 Savoy has a custom diaper on it with a hole for the drag link. Fits tight, almost as tight as OJ's gloves. Been in pace a few years with no issues at all. It is a BB with a 2 1/8" header.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 987 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Just bought my 1st diaper, got it from Pro 1 for my SBC. We'll see how it fits this week. I'm due for an engine explosion, so I figured I'd finally do something pre-emptively

Posts: 1108 | Location: OklahomaCity,OK | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
follow up, the new DRE diaper is so much better than the old, fits like a glove as it always should have. Kudos to the new owner.

not so easy now to pull it out of the way to drain the oil but I'm not complaining.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
Ed,that looks very similar to the one Dre made for my Hemi in a Cutlass with the stock frame, which is an unusual combination. Fits like a glove.

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3096 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
they should all fit like a glove now being that the new owner is buying the actual pan to make the pattern and 1st diaper from.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
That's the nicest fit I've seen. I'll be going to DRE

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
I actually sent him my Moroso pan that is designed for Challenger Drag Paks since it was not something very common, he did have a block to bolt it to however.

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3096 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Ed is that a Moroso 21047?

My DRE fits good, but not that good on my 21047.

Posts: 105 | Location: upstate NY | Registered: January 15, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
yes