New
Find
Notify
Tools

engine diapers
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
This may not help in all cases, but I formed an aluminum plate/strip to fit around the diaper next to the flywheel. I glued the plate/strip to the inside of the diaper. This holds the fabric away from the flywheel bolts. So far this has worked.

Posts: 86 | Location: Abilene, Texas | Registered: July 30, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Joe C:
This may not help in all cases, but I formed an aluminum plate/strip to fit around the diaper next to the flywheel. I glued the plate/strip to the inside of the diaper. This holds the fabric away from the flywheel bolts. So far this has worked.

Sounds like a good idea for cars w/out a motor plate, I made a piece of AL that bolts to the motor plate with 2- 1/4" bolts to provide a shield, works great!

Posts: 2157 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I should have said torque converter bolts not flywheel bolts. The converter bolts are what frays the diaper fabric.

Posts: 86 | Location: Abilene, Texas | Registered: July 30, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of sc4087
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WHOMPWHOMP:
So what keeps the DRE from getting chewed up…

nothing, my DRE one got chewed up as well. Dragster with midplate the flexplate just gets into the bottom lip on the back no matter if you have a strap or not. But his diaper fit the best and I liked it's attachment points much better.

Mike Greene

Posts: 509 | Location: Burleson, TX | Registered: March 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
RCI SFI approved universal fit diaper

Rear has gotten nicked but is fine.

Straps bolt to headers

Drop one side, change oil/filter

I added a bungee cord to keep it higher up in middle and front

Moroso 21047 Pan

Only pain is getting straps/tabs fed up to mounting points.

I use a piece of wire or a wire tie to fish the straps up thru the tight spots

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Rodney Pryor
posted Hide Post
I use a mid engine plate similar to the S&W in the link below and my DRE diaper tucks up nicely between the bottom of the plate and the oil pan. This has been kept the diaper out of the way of the flexplate.

https://swracecars.com/product...-sw-4-link-dragster/

Posts: 116 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vetman:
Diapers work-lost a rod at 8600 in the lites no spill and rod was in the diaper Put a flywheel cover on it I made mine from one I got at jegs for a 350 turbo a little trim and new holes but it keep the diaper out of the flywheel ya you have to drop it to change oil but thats better than a new car=cheaper too

The difference between ignorance and stupidity. Ignorance is lack of knowledge. Stupidity is the inability to learn. Don't be stupid

Posts: 406 | Location: des moines iowa | Registered: January 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of gd31
posted Hide Post
Hopefully new owners of DRE will continue to make a diaper for a chevy 2 with stock motor mounts. No one else seems to mess with them.

Posts: 600 | Location: Greenwood Indiana | Registered: November 16, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
DJ safety diaper fit like a glove. 70 Nova, stock front clip, bbc moroso 21047 pan.

Posts: 11 | Location: Here | Registered: February 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
diaper pulled down at the rear of the oil pan and forward of the drain plug.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I was looking for engine diapers & did a search here & the internet. Don't know if this has been posted or who owns the business now. They have DRE on the home page.

https://www.enginediapers.com

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2546 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TomR
posted Hide Post
I used the 4 big zip ties to hold mine away from the flexplate (one on each side of the sump.) Now the diaper fits snug to my Moroso oil pan and behind the starter. Cut one zip tie to remove diaper for oil changes(plus the rest of the attachments.)

What I don't like about my universal diaper is the front. It has caught the wind and rolled down on me before. It would be nice if it fit around the balancer (with Velcro to close it) and attached to the water pump.

72 Nova "Hooptie"

Posts: 739 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:
I was looking for engine diapers & did a search here & the internet. Don't know if this has been posted or who owns the business now. They have DRE on the home page.

If you are in need of a diaper why not keep it semi local..

https://russlerii.com/

he is in Bullhead and does a great job..

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 989 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Al Alguire:
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:

If you are in need of a diaper why not keep it semi local..

https://russlerii.com/

he is in Bullhead and does a great job..

Thanks Al, I'll check him out. Big Grin

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2546 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
first thing they need to do is get the patterns right because it certainly ain't right for a Moroso 21047 pan! Roll Eyes

the new owner listened...

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of BD104X
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]
the new owner listened...
[/QUOTE]

Wow, that has to be the nicest fitting diaper I've ever seen. The only advantage to the sloppy fitting ones is that I pull mine over the oil filter as well. I have to drop the diaper to change the oil anyway and I figure it's a little added protection if a filter fails.

Billy Duhs - BD104X@gmail.com

Posts: 629 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: February 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
my 2 previous DRE diapers for the same pan never fit snug like the photos above and it's attempt to capture the oil filter failed miserably, both issues resulted in the top of the rear panel fraying as I've shown in a previous photo. For $600 I expected a better fit better the first time and was reassured of it the 2nd time which was no better.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Even if the diaper partially covers the oil filter like my old DRE did, if the oil filter seal blows it isn't going to catch the oil anyways

Posts: 2429 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I am not saying a diaper will protect you and keep every drop of oil off the track but it certainly does help.

Most all of the tracks I know of around here now have a diaper rule and are enforcing it. I am all for that, something that effective, low cost and simple to install not reason not to.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4011 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
DRE made a custom diaper for my rear sump Moroso gen3 hemi pan that goes in my Gbody Cutlass. It fits like a glove, good thing because the steering is close to the pan. I did send them the pan so it would fit perfectly.

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post