DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Stage depth to 60' time
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stage depth to 60' time
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ron Gusack
posted
My 60's were 1.324, 1.325, 1.340, 1.338, 1.327 and 1.324. The third run I'm .015 slow and the 4th run I'm off a little. I can't find a reason for this using my data logger so I'm wondering if I'm staging inconsistently enough to cause this. I try to flicker it but I can't get that every time, but I doubt that I'm more than an inch different from run to run. This car loses about .08 if I deep stage so if there's 7 inches between beams and I go an inch too deep wouldn't I lose about .015. Any thoughts?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ron Gusack,

Posts: 455 | Location: Maryland | Registered: January 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
What was your reaction time on runs 3 and 4 compared to runs 1,2,5,and 6? Were you in the same lane?

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ron Gusack
posted Hide Post
RT's were .007, .011, .028, .034, .003, .030 and all runs were in the same lane. Launch rpm was 2730, 2720, 2700, 2646, 2765, 2732.

Posts: 455 | Location: Maryland | Registered: January 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of banjo
posted Hide Post
Does it pick up the front wheels at all? Reaction times seam to suggest its coming out of the beams different assuming you are consistent. I found with my car, when it sets up for just picking the front wheels up(inches), 60ft and reaction time would be less consistent. I try to keep the front wheels on the ground coming out of the beams, or a decent wheelie. If your car normally pops the wheels out, maybe on a occasion your not getting that bit and the car rolls out of the beams. I would try tighting or loosening the shocks and see if it changes things.

Has this been an ongoing issues?

Is the car off at the incremental the rest of the way down the track? MPH?

Posts: 1829 | Location: San Angelo | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ron Gusack
posted Hide Post
It does pick the wheels up about 8". I think it helps traction and it seems to help my lights be more consistent.

It has been an issue for awhile.

Split times from 60-330 were 2.628, 2.628, 2.634, 2.634, 2.635, 2.629. My issue is all about the first 60.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
With 1.128 in the box = .008 right lane/.014 left lane/.017 right lane/.025 left lane/ and the slowest .027 left lane during time runs.

1st round add another .025 then add another .031 for the cross over difference (total is now 1.463) and in the right lane go red by .015 which equals a grand total of 1.478.

The 60ft. for all these runs was within .003. Every 1st round of eliminations the car is faster than the competition so the box is in cross over mode (no option to turn it off). In each case the car is dead late by as much as .065 or red by as much as .015. Staged exactly the same every run (shallow) 180 inch car has 2 inches of stagger. Can't get past the 1st round in 11 out of 12 1st round attempts. One run late by .252, most are red. Only one run close, it was a .007.

This happens ONLY, and EVERY TIME in the cross over mode. NOT a driver problem. Something in the way the cross over difference is being accepted, possibly a power to the box issue?

Frustrated, and expensive, is an understatement!

Posts: 3075 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
If you have MSD Grid you can check the delay box consistency. Otherwise send it back to the manufacture for testing.

Posts: 2440 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ron Gusack
posted Hide Post
No delay box, footbrake

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Bob,

What brand of box? I think you definitely have a problem with the box. Just my humble opinion. I would be shipping it back to them or replacing it. Good luck!

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5298 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
This is the "Other car", the one with a 7531, no Grid.

Bob

Posts: 3075 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Hi Vern

It's a Digital Delay 95 so I am fairly certain that the box is fine, possibly a voltage issue, or ????. The odd thing is that everything works fine.....except when cross talk is applied, then it doesn't work correctly.

Bob

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I will say this about Digital Delay. They are very nice people and will bend over backwards to fix any problems. I sent you a PM.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5298 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post