DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Frizie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sure, but look at my questions and please answer them

This is a standard deck block.

Michael Frizie
ET 2471

Posts: 571 | Location: Winston, GA | Registered: April 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
What kind of ring package and what is your down track vacuum?

strangemagicperformance.com
oldsperformanceproducts.com

WD dealer for just about all your performance needs.

Posts: 1604 | Location: Suffern, NY | Registered: November 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Frizie
posted Hide Post
Total seal , gapless top ring. Dont recall finish line vacuum.

Michael Frizie
ET 2471

Posts: 571 | Location: Winston, GA | Registered: April 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Followed this post in the spring, do you resolve anything?

Posts: 549 | Location: somewhere between been and never was | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Frizie
posted Hide Post
Changed camshaft, no change. Smaller tires and some ignition timing changes, new plug wires and some -8 projected tip plugs, been high 4.7x’s @143. Still feel like im missing 2mph.....considering a stall change or a 4.30 gear when i feel like wrenching on it. Consistent so haven’t felt like messing with it.

Michael Frizie
ET 2471

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
For what it’s worth, I’m in same boat somewhat. Nearly same weight car, new car has 4.10 gear vs 4.30 in old car, and converter flash is 200-300 tighter than previously, flashing at 5900 now. Went high 4.70s @ 144. In the new car I’m going going mid 4.80s at 142-143.

Posts: 549 | Location: somewhere between been and never was | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Frizie
posted Hide Post
So same converter different rear ratio?

Michael Frizie
ET 2471

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Sorry I didn’t make that very clear, different converter. I borrowed a converter in the old car with the 4.30 gear, it flashed around 6200.

I was hoping to hear you changed gear to 4.30 and picked what you thought it was slow, but from the sound of it you effectively changed gear slightly with a shorter tire.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Frizie
posted Hide Post
Its in the works. Just told to race it for now!

Michael Frizie
ET 2471

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Frizie
posted Hide Post
definitely going to try a 4.30 gear at some point. a lot cheaper than a new converter to potentially gain nothing. Laughing Hard

Michael Frizie
ET 2471

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Nitrous is the answer! Haha