New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rv tire?
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
I have a 2003 Fleetwood Discovery with the Michelin 255/80R22.5 XRV tire. They are 5 years old and need replaced. Has anyone used the Hankook tires? looking like I can replace it with a 275/70R22.5. I can buy the Michelins for $545.00 each and the hankook for $354.00. he ones on it now have dry rotted and show very little wear..

Rick Huffman
Accelerated Graphics
Why was everyone Kung Fu Fighting?

Posts: 598 | Location: Burleson TX | Registered: January 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I did some research on some of the RV forums and most preferred the Toyo tires over the Michelin and they are cheaper.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3984 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of BD104X
posted Hide Post
The previous owner of my RV replaced the 235/80R22.5 Michelins with 245/75R22.5 Toyos a year before I bought it so I can't give you a comparison but I have put about 7000 miles on it over a year and a half with no issues.

Billy Duhs - BD104X@gmail.com

Posts: 626 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: February 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I use the hankook ah37

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1513 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of rs72z
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by seabass:
I use the hankook ah37

About to replace mine with the same tire. 293.00 each with FMCA discount.

Posts: 206 | Location: texas | Registered: November 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I went with Toyo's also, no complaints, also heard Yokahama's are good too

Posts: 2145 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I ran a set of Kellys for 7 years then replaced with Firestones and have 2 years on them now and seem ok. Those 7 YO Kellys went on a dump ruck till they wore out....I have Hankooks on my Mercedes and they have been just fine....

Posts: 6198 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Rick whatever brand you choose be sure the weight rating is attiquit.I went with Toyo after a new Goodyear with 1000 miles blew and almost put me in the ditch.$7000 in damage and missed a race.Also check speed rating.

Doing my part to raise the average IQ on this board

Posts: 51 | Location: badlands of New Mexico | Registered: January 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
Firestone for me as of now

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1392 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I have the hankooks on my rv. All I have had. The ride is a bit rough in Illinois. But then every tire may be like that in this rv on these roads. Man what a winter!

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6375 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I have the exact same coach and went with the Toyo tire this time around. So far they seem great only been about 3 months but so far so good.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 985 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of John Heard
posted Hide Post
Good luck so far with Toyo's

John Heard
DragStuff.com

Posts: 188 | Location: Kansas | Registered: November 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
trick is to check your air pressure every time you move or get a TPM system. cheap way to prevent trouble.

Posts: 6198 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
On way to fling in Galot I had my TPMS alarm me in time of a tire going down fast...would have never known if I did not have the TPMS.

I replaced the entire rear axle tires on toter with Yokohamas TY 517. Over $2k for 4 tires at truck stop.
alot less than if a tire took out the side of the toter.

Went with Yokohamas because they did not have the Michelins in the quantities I was looking for...will be replacing the other axle as well with the Yokohamas.

Posts: 1751 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
My dad put the yokohamas on his American eagle few years ago man I HATE that name but seem to be a good choice been to Florida twice KY TENN several times

Posts: 65 | Location: central indiana | Registered: May 16, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of BarneyB
posted Hide Post
I like my Michelin tires, either way be a member of FMCA and save money on tires.

WiredTwoWin race car wiring

Posts: 2436 | Location: Wadsworth, Ohio | Registered: December 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of gd31
posted Hide Post
Just replaced my Michelin 7yr old tires with Yoko RY103. Can't tell any difference driving and they where $1000 cheaper.

Posts: 600 | Location: Greenwood Indiana | Registered: November 16, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Nitzsche
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't put 5200# tires on the drive axle of a pusher hauling a race car without weighing it first.

Posts: 1364 | Location: Lansing,Mi | Registered: March 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post