DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Electric trailer jack
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Electric trailer jack
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of Cmichael
posted
I'm looking to replace the electric trailer jack I have. My trailer is a 32ft Classic. Any recommendations? Thanks Cody

Wettstien Auto and Welding
Autometer

Posts: 155 | Location: Iola,KS | Registered: October 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I've used Barker's made in America, Deluxe Hi Power 3500 on my former 26' Classic for many years without issue...

https://www.barkermfg.com/hi-power-3500.html

went through three of them in 13 years.

that said, it pales in comparison to the Equalizer Hydraulic jack on my Intech 34 foot trailer

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
I've got a cheapo Harbor Freight on my 32' V-nose now. It works ok, does the job. It's a little slow and does seem to struggle a bit when the trailer is loaded, but has yet to fail. That being said, I'm going to switch to the same one Ed is using now, the Equalizer over the winter. I put the harbor freight on it because the manual jack the trailer came with literally broke while using it and it was a bolt in....but I'm also tired of it taking forever to raise the nose of my trailer and I do think it's starting to call it quits....

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1466 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Quick Dawg
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ If you want to save some money ask them about their reconditioned units. Good as new.

Posts: 166 | Location: Salt Lake City | Registered: January 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
only a clueless broke dyck would buy reconditioned chinese junk

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Quick Dawg
posted Hide Post
Ed - I meant reconditioned Barker. Mark's post happened to beat mine... You are the worlds biggest dumb ass.

Posts: 166 | Location: Salt Lake City | Registered: January 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
I've got a Barker, came with the trailer. It's old and well used as is my trailer. I had a rear flat on my truck and the jack on my trailer about lifted the rear wheels of the truck off of the ground to change it.

Posts: 1459 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Mine is the Husky 4500 I bought on Ebay for about $225 IIRC and it works great. I have a lot (Too Much!) tongue weight and it has been flawless.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4010 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
husky is chinese JUNK!

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TonyB6255
posted Hide Post
If you or anyone else on here wants to step beyond the electric jack. Try this hydraulic jack that bolts in the same location as a normal jack. I put one on my 32 foot trailer and would never go back to a electric jack. Fast,powerful and sturdy.

https://www.shop.thebigfootlev...-lb-QT16-QT8K-16.htm

Posts: 633 | Location: Rochester, WA | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
more chinese junk tony and the money goes here

https://www.foxnews.com/world/...ry-to-kill-americans

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TonyB6255
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
more chinese junk tony and the money goes here

As far as I know they are manufactured in Michigan. I honestly did not research them beyond what I was told and it states on their website USA made products..

https://www.foxnews.com/world/...ry-to-kill-americans

Posts: 633 | Location: Rochester, WA | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
they are not Tony.. Matter of fact, IIRC, this jack came up here years ago and I prove then they were chinese.

the box/packaging or lack there of screams chinese too.

Here's an unhappy customer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9PemNDVQd0

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TonyB6255
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
they are not Tony.. Matter of fact, IIRC, this jack came up here years ago and I prove then they were chinese.

Great! This pisses me off when a company says they are made in USA only to find out they are not. I even asked them on the phone when I was talking to them about wiring. Like I stated though, I did not research beyond that...

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
at least you asked and try to do the right thing.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I have had several trailer jacks and like I said the Husky 4500 has worked very good for me and I have a LOT of tongue weight.

I am speaking from personal experience it has been a good one.

You buy what ever you want but as for me I would not hesitate to buy another Husky 4500.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4010 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Cmichael
posted Hide Post
My jack is 12 years old. I'm assuming it's a Barker because it looks identical to the one in the link. I will price the hyd. unit but I'm sure its going to be more than I want to spend . Thanks for the help.

Wettstien Auto and Welding
Autometer

Posts: 155 | Location: Iola,KS | Registered: October 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Gotta go with Ed on this one. The hydraulics are the cat's a-z-z.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5308 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Dave, it is American made. Every unit is made right here at our facility. So let me know if you have any more questions.
Thanks Larry
--
Larry Lipply Sales
Quadra Mfg
Bigfoot Levlers
269-221-3250

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4463 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
^^^^ Good to know. In case i need help with my 44'
Classic Legs.

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post