DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    hoosier slicks date code?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

hoosier slicks date code?
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of fast frank
posted
Cant find info anywhere, who knows how to decode the 4 digits

Posts: 728 | Location: pa. | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I don’t remember how to decode it but I don’t even look at it when I buy tires unless there’s an issue which I have never had. Took tires off my monza last fall that have been sitting for two years on the car and who knows when they were made and put them on monte at classic and went 5.21 with a 1.14 60’ so they were still good and soft.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of BD104X
posted Hide Post
I don’t remember Hoosier tires specifically but if it’s the same as street tires then the first 2 digits are the week, last 2 are the year. Example: ‘4016’ would be manufactured in week 40 of 2016.

Billy Duhs - BD104X@gmail.com

Posts: 625 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: February 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Billys method works for some tires but not Hoosier.

I purchased new Hoosier 32x14 on 7-15-18 and the tread was marked in chalk with a date of the prior month. The code on both tire sidewalls is TJ69.

Posts: 2434 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post