DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    What Should it run 100 lb Driver??
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What Should it run 100 lb Driver??
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
4500 Dominator bolts on now, plenty of room on these Edelbrock 4150 Victor Junior intakes.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Does the car weigh the same as when it ran the 4.66 best? I may have missed that if you said if so I’m thinking a 4.60 flat maybe a .59 if car lost weight overall those numbers would change. Just what I’ve experienced, you are at the point performance wise that 50 hp at the crank has a much smaller effect than if the car was much slower.

Posts: 495 | Location: Going to or returning from the chipmine. | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
There are people out there believe it or not, who can look the entire deal, difference in horsepower,torque and the changes I made in the rearend, transmission, and tell us what it's gonna be dial'd regularly.

I find these people interesting as can be, because they're smart, experienced and right within a couple hundredths.

Why aren't you out asking them all these questions then?

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4467 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wooley:
Does the car weigh the same as when it ran the 4.66 best? I may have missed that if you said if so I’m thinking a 4.60 flat maybe a .59 if car lost weight overall those numbers would change. Just what I’ve experienced, you are at the point performance wise that 50 hp at the crank has a much smaller effect than if the car was much slower.

Yeah, same weight. They've got another Ray Miller dragster identical with a 598, same Big Brodie heads, aluminum tall deck, 100 lb driver, makes a hair less horsepower now, than the new 565 I just did. I think it has been 4.60 or 4.61 best.

From what I understand the 598 was typically always 5 - 6 -7 hundredths faster than the 565 before.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by imakehp:
quote:
There are people out there believe it or not, who can look the entire deal, difference in horsepower,torque and the changes I made in the rearend, transmission, and tell us what it's gonna be dial'd regularly.

I find these people interesting as can be, because they're smart, experienced and right within a couple hundredths.

Why aren't you out asking them all these questions then?

It's pretty simple, it'll dip in the 4.50's. Soon as I look at the data of the converter behind the previous 565, I'll let you know when.

6600 stall, shift 7300 = 4.50's crossing 7300 converter slipping 15%.

DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
Mike is 15% slippage good? Confused

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Footloose:
Mike is 15% slippage good? Confused

Apparently it is 1/8 mile, it was 17-18% before changes.

There's probably 2% - 3% allowance for error in there, because of exact tire growth is unknown to the equation, without data. I have not seen the data.

I guessed the tire is 36" at the stripe.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
As long as it made the same torque, and dont run out of fuel with that single alky carb, it should pick up .03 is my guess.

Jeremiah Hall

Posts: 708 | Location: Evansville, IN | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 329L:
As long as it made the same torque, and dont run out of fuel with that single alky carb, it should pick up .03 is my guess.

Something like that I agree, in that neighborhood.

Another variable is comparing HP from two different engine combo's, on two different dyno's.

We have a tight dyno, meaning accurate.

We look forward to comparing ours to theirs, not for the purpose of ridicule, but info/data/verification.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
With old technology Big Brodie cylinder heads, there's no telling how much more torque it'll make on methanol in the car. You know it's not an efficient engine by the relatively weak cylinder head.

I really just wanted to break it in on gasoline and beat on it a little on the dyno before putting it in the car.

It ran flawlessly though, made 979 off the trailer, not a single leak of oil.

I know how to seal these oil pans now, with easy cleanup when they have to come off too.

I'd have been satisfied with around 950 hp, or even a little less.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
What camshaft is in this 565? Photo of the cam card would be great.

Thanks

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4467 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post