DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    What Should it run 100 lb Driver??
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What Should it run 100 lb Driver??
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted
Ray Miller cantilever 4 link Dragster

LiL Bubba M/T tires

Methanol Carb

100 lb driver

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
4.80s as a guess

Posts: 783 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by racerdude2054:
4.80s as a guess

"what should it run"

So, if in your hands with 100 lb driver in the seat, you're guessing 4.80's?

Ok, thanks for your input.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
quote:
4.80s as a guess

"what should it run"

Yes, my thoughts are car and driver weigh around 1830

Posts: 783 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
quote:
4.80s as a guess

"what should it run"

Yes, my thoughts are car and driver weigh around 1830

I have no clue what a Ray Miller 4 link cantilever dragster weighs aluminum block, 100 lb driver.

But, it has already been 4.60's same block, heads, crank, intake, carb, distributor, oil pan, camshaft and belt drive.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I'm hunting a tight, loose, or accurate dyno.

What should it run now with 40-50 more hp?

It has already been 4.60 with 40-50 less horsepower.

What should it run now according to dyno numbers which indicate the engine makes 40-50 hp more?

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I missed the aluminum block part. I would guess maybe another 3 numbers quicker?

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
I missed the aluminum block part. I would guess maybe another 3 numbers quicker?

I dunno...

I'm asking *if* it makes 999.6 hp, what *should* it run aluminum tall deck 565 BBC, 100 lb driver?

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I'd imagine the dyno sheet looked something like this when the car ran 4.60's with a 6.535 long connecting rod and less lift cam, crossing 6600 rpm.

It should cross 7200-7300 now.

It may not pickup much 40-50 more hp at the stripe, until the converter is right for the new combo.

We'll see what the converter ends up being, needs to be 6600-6700, shift 7300 rpm..

We'll probably pick up some torque too, on methanol.

This short deck (short rod 565) combo was dyno'd on methanol.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
Racetech 4 link
1960lbs-1975lbs
565....Terminator, 9" converter 6200-6300 stall...1.80 glide
4.10 gear.....16x33.5 Hoosiers
Englishtown....June 2013-2014

7.45 178.....1.078 4.735 6.202
Shifting on time trying to stay above 7.50....NO Adv. ET license

4200 launch....1.6 shift...6800 rpm...7300-7400 at the stripe

Home built 565, never dyno'ed...

With a 1050 on gas it went 7.47 a year or two later..

8.90's at 173-175 using a plate stop....176 best

Best MPH was just under 180 with the Terminator

Car weight was weighed on Etown scales more than once....Iron block....2 sets of brakes.....accumulator....150-160lb driver...

A good 565 can go 7.20's at around 182-183 in good air up here but that's not an average motor...Usually slower....

My car went 7.57 176-177 at night....at Numidia July 4th....Over 4000' DA in the afternoon that same day...

The 565 is a very good combo and from my experience better than a 582 or at least it's easier to make them run good numbers....

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SCDIV1,

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I'm gonna take this opportunity to evidence this dyno as not loose.

This car ran mid - low 4.70's summer, mid - high 4.60's winter with it's previous 960hp dyno sheet.

We're gonna find out.

I think it has been 4.66 best.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
I rarely ran 1/8th mile but 4.60's is fast for a 565 so the car must be light if it ran those numbers....don't care what the dyno says...they are all different and vary a lot...

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SCDIV1:
I rarely ran 1/8th mile but 4.60's is fast for a 565 so the car must be light if it ran those numbers....don't care what the dyno says...they are all different and vary a lot...

I was hoping you or someone could estimate what it weighs, Ray Miller cantilever 4 link, aluminum tall deck BBC, 100 lb driver.

It's in my best interest it out runs it's previous best 4.66 or someone might think my pump gas engine dyno numbers are inflated.

Everyone around here seems to think this dyno is tight, tight meaning accurate.

I guess we're gonna find out eh?

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Hopefully the driver stays at the gym not on the couch eating twinkies.

My pump gas muscle car BBC horsepower numbers are on the line! LoL!

I'm confident we'll raise the 4.66 bar early and often.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
Aluminum block and 100lb driver says it weighs 1800 something tops...and since it ran 4.60's it's definitely light....

I don't know anyone who is driving a dragster and is 100lbs..... a young Female possibly....

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Aluminum block and 100lb driver says it weighs 1800 something tops...and since it ran 4.60's it's definitely light....

I don't know anyone who is driving a dragster and is 100lbs..... a young Female possibly....

Yes Sir, hopefully she'll stay away from the twinkies for the next few weeks to remain 100 lbs LoL!

Yes, the car is light *relatively* speaking, I'm positive of it.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
There must be some kind of time warp down where you live....

Nobody around here drives ancient street cars with old school drivelines

They go to street rod nights and nothing else or they sit in garages...and trailers and get raced once in a while...

I never see anyone roaming around with old school 60's muscle cars....

If you want a fast car you buy a Hellcat or maybe a 5.0 Mustang like my son in law has...or an Import....some of them are fast, very fast with a Turbo...

Hellcat....800HP...They are wicked fast...
5.0 Mustang....flat crank....500+ HP in a very nice car.....Awesome sound...

Or get you a Tesla.....silent and super fast.....lol

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
There must be some kind of time warp down where you live....

Nobody around here drives ancient street cars with old school drivelines

They go to street rod nights and nothing else or they sit in garages...and trailers and get raced once in a while...

I never see anyone roaming around with old school 60's muscle cars....

If you want a fast car you buy a Hellcat or maybe a 5.0 Mustang like my son in law has...or an Import....some of them are fast, very fast with a Turbo...

Hellcat....800HP...They are wicked fast...
5.0 Mustang....flat crank....500+ HP in a very nice car.....Awesome sound...

Or get you a Tesla.....silent and super fast.....lol

It's everywhere, go on FB Nova Nation, Nova World Order, Chevelle Nation, Chevelle Owners, Camaro Nation etc etc.

They're pulling abandoned muscle cars out of the woods, and restoring them.

Split bumper I did the BBC for, was abandoned car.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
For the hell of it go to Wallace calculators run old numbers and modify them till they match real-world numbers then use that weight with your hp and see what it says. Not a gospel answer but give you an idea of what change will or will not be..

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4167 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
missed the hp difference post According to W C 50 hp at 1800 is worth .07 with zero weight change. Now if the car is lighter than before and extra 50 hp you can go from there.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4167 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post