DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Dragster radiator cap ???
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dragster radiator cap ???
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
What LBS radiator cap are you using or (what is the proper size cap) to use ??? Thanks jjj

Posts: 188 | Location: WI 53511 | Registered: October 05, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
I have the Meziere on mine, it stays put. Cap is 16lb...all the caps I've ran on mine were 16 lb

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1465 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of BD104X
posted Hide Post
16lbs unless you are using copper head gaskets - they don't seem to do as good a job of sealing water. I think I used a 10lb with copper.

Billy Duhs - BD104X@gmail.com

Posts: 626 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: February 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Frizie
posted Hide Post
Meziere for the win .

Michael Frizie
ET 2471

Posts: 571 | Location: Winston, GA | Registered: April 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BD104X:
16lbs unless you are using copper head gaskets - they don't seem to do as good a job of sealing water. I think I used a 10lb with copper.

I run copper head gaskets. NEVER have leaked.....not once....They won't leak if you prep them correctly

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1465 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
We run a 16lb one on ours as well.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 985 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of 1leg
posted Hide Post
16 lbs is right for most applications. Sometime with copper head gaskets a 7 lbs is recommend. I see no reason a drag car would ever need more then 16lbs.

Meziere Tech.
Make sure your water pump is on whenever you check your coolant level.

Posts: 236 | Location: Escondido | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post