DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Cnc porting Dart pro 1
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cnc porting Dart pro 1
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
posted
With as popular as the Pro 1 heads are, who does CNC porting of existing as cast heads? I'm sure the ports have been perfected long enough theres no need for hand porting of these heads. Have a set id like to get worked at some point.

.991 60'
4.36 @ 159 so far.....
6.86 @ 198 trying for more......

533" single carb
235" Harrison 4-link

Posts: 1084 | Location: Nova Siri, Italy | Registered: June 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Will,

I had Frankenstein Heads out of Texas do a set of 14 degree heads for me. They do an awesome job.

Posts: 100 | Location: Albuquerque | Registered: September 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
I called Brodix about having my AS CAST heads CNC ported....

Can't do it I was told because they use a different casting for the CNC'ed head vs the As Cast head and the as cast head might end up to thin or break thru in spots....

Dart Pro-1's are good but very lightweight which always told me way less material in them.

I've used them myself.....As cast 325's and CNC 335's....

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
WeldTech

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Speier Racing Heads has several different size intake port Dart programs.

Posts: 11 | Location: Lower Michigan | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
When Chris Frank at Frankenstein did my Dart 345 Pro 1 heads it was the very first set of 345s done. The CnC program was written with my heads, Chris hand ported a left and right port then digitized them and loaded the program into the CnC.
The pockets and chambers had already been previously done by Chris by hand which was worth .100. After he did the ports I only picked up a few hun and couple of MPH in the 1/8th so I was a little disappointed in the results but the ports look bad ass

Posts: 2424 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SpeierRacingHeads
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ericnova:
Speier Racing Heads has several different size intake port Dart programs.

I have a program for the iron and aluminum Dart 345 casting. The 500" truck pullers are making 1050-1100 now with them. I've sold irons to many major builders because no one want to do iron. The aluminum head works just as well as it's the same program. I'm a big fan of the Dart casting.

Posts: 1405 | Location: Hays Kansas | Registered: January 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
Picture of adv ET 266
posted Hide Post
Why not Dart? It is their casting. Just thinking they know it best and offered the Pro 1 as an CNC version.

2005 2000lb 4 link dragster
home brew 582 BBC Dart 355
4.629@149
7.310@185

Posts: 12170 | Location: 33463 | Registered: February 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by adv ET 266:
Why not Dart? It is their casting. Just thinking they know it best and offered the Pro 1 as an CNC version.

Not sure if its a good thing or bad thing but Dart Machinery was bought out by Winning Race Brands in August of 2018. David Reher told me that after the transition period Richard Maskin has a very limited role if any these days.

They now own a bunch of high performance aftermarket engine part companies

http://www.racewinningbrands.com/

Posts: 2424 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by adv ET 266:
seeing what the options are, also kind of expect that Dart is set up do brand new heads in their assembly line more so then doing a used set from a customer.

I'll probably check with them, as well as others and see what the options are

.991 60'
4.36 @ 159 so far.....
6.86 @ 198 trying for more......

533" single carb
235" Harrison 4-link

Posts: 1084 | Location: Nova Siri, Italy | Registered: June 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
5 yrs ago it was $600 for as cast to CNC @ Dart. Probably can't get much for that money these days. He made it sound like a common process. I would want new guides driven and finished to size then seats touched up. BTW you won't likely make a stone or NeWay touch up flow like a 5 in 1 Serdi seat cutter. So if you've had your heads at the local head shop they need the seats fixed as those guys don't stop til they've made they're own "shiny" seats that are sunk and don't flow worth a .........

Height mic on ALL the spring heights (raw/no shims) will tell a tale.

Posts: 186 | Location: Rock><Hard Place | Registered: February 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of adv ET 266
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:

Not sure if its a good thing or bad thing but Dart Machinery was bought out by Winning Race Brands in August of 2018. David Reher told me that after the transition period Richard Maskin has a very limited role if any these days.

They now own a bunch of high performance aftermarket engine part companies

http://www.racewinningbrands.com/

Man I had know idea. I only trusted Maskin, if I wanted it done right.
So he decided to easy up. Good for ****.

2005 2000lb 4 link dragster
home brew 582 BBC Dart 355
4.629@149
7.310@185

Posts: 12170 | Location: 33463 | Registered: February 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post