DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Removing a Superwinch cover S3500
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Removing a Superwinch cover S3500
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
anyone know how to remove the plastic cover on a S3500 or S4500 to change a plug assembly seems like the cable release is holding things up.

Posts: 356 | Location: OGLESBY,ILLINOIS,USA | Registered: April 02, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
cable release plastic lever pops off with screwdriver then there are I believe 4 Philips head screws on the side of the cover and it slides off its a PITA if the winch is bolted to the floor, but I have done it on mine a few different times with no problem

Posts: 408 | Location: Bellingham MA | Registered: October 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
OK, Got that far but the new plug assembly has different colored wires than whats in the winch, was yours like that ,I cannot find any instructions on how to wire the new plug in.

Posts: 356 | Location: OGLESBY,ILLINOIS,USA | Registered: April 02, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post