DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Shop updates and progress...it’s been a while! Updates
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shop updates and progress...it’s been a while! Updates
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted
Been quite some time since I’ve had the opportunity to sit down and read through forums...last May-June we decided that we had outgrown our shop and house, and a customer we wired a car for had the perfect place for sale. So, we relocated 1/2 mile down the road. Shop went from 30x32 to 40x64 with a designated climate controlled wiring bay...and thank good cause business has Exploded! We are still wiring everything from bracket cars to muscle car restomods, but the EFI world has exploded for us. We have companies like Holley and FuelTech sending customers as well as some of the top tuners in the EFI world. I’ve even had the opportunity for customers to fly me in and wire cars at there locations...Portland Oregon, North Carolina, and even OKC...yea...we are part of Daddy Dave Racing now...and Jack Roush Racing. As soon as I figure out a new image hosting site...I’ll start loading some pics.

We also destroyed our trusty small block and are building a new piece...I’ll start a new thread to share this. Should be stout!!!

Dykes & Strippers Custom Wiring
Auto Meter Authorized Dealer
CleanYourTrailer.com
Horse Power Sales
USADragRacingChat.com
Fab Shop
Race Flow Development

245" Harry Clack
399 inches of Horse Power Sales Power
1.031, 2.978, 4.640 at 147.47

Posts: 492 | Location: Lebanon, OH | Registered: March 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of rs72z
posted Hide Post
It's good to hear from you. I always enjoyed seeing pictures of your work.

Posts: 206 | Location: texas | Registered: November 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
This car will go down as one of the most complicated and time consumers to date. The car was equiped with 2 v300’s and a FAST XFI/XIM...and they do things a bit differently than the other more modern systems. We did an entire mil spec harness...times 2!!! One for the car and engine and one for the spare!

I’ll get more pics as soon as they load...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: OhiomafiaWireGuy,

CleanYourTrailer.com
Horse Power Sales
USADragRacingChat.com
Fab Shop
Race Flow Development

245" Harry Clack

Posts: 492 | Location: Lebanon, OH | Registered: March 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
That is really great to hear! You have always been super helpful with wiring questions here. I installed EFI in my car this winter, and I thought of you several times. The wiring on efi projects can be anywhere from quite simple with some of the stand alone throttle body units, to almost overwhelming with some of the complicated 8 or 16 injector with coil on plug units. You are earning your keep for sure with that work!

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6352 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Here are some before pics....

CleanYourTrailer.com
Horse Power Sales
USADragRacingChat.com
Fab Shop
Race Flow Development

245" Harry Clack

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Harness build...

CleanYourTrailer.com
Horse Power Sales
USADragRacingChat.com
Fab Shop
Race Flow Development

245" Harry Clack

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
OMG those before shots are disturbing ......

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2696 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Wow! Pretty impressive.

Jason Compton

Posts: 34 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: January 13, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Wow! Glad to see you back.

Posts: 485 | Location: Going to or returning from the chipmine. | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I know a lot of folks aren’t Street Outlaw fans...and some are, so I’ll tell the story on how we got contracted to install the Fuel Tech equipment in “Daddy Dave’s” car.

He actually did a a FB live video while the car was at Larson’s shop...he had all the FT harnesses laid out, and if you’ve ever seen one, it’s almaot 5’ Too long...he said he was leaving ok’ing for a wire guy. My phone started blowing up with people who were watching..for fun I reached out to him on FB messenger...3 weeks later I was flying in to OKC (after he checked my references and we met face to face at PRI of course! Lol

I flew in on a Friday morning and scheduled myself to fly out Sunday night...so not enough time!! lol spent the first day cleaning up and redoing everything on the base car that I didn’t like, and he had just paid a well known wire guy to do this. Day 2 I started fitting the FT harness...ended up cutting It completely apart to make it fit the way it should! By days end everything was in except the Ft spark coil harness. Going into Sunday, that’s all I had to do...right!

Going back to Friday...about 2 am, as we were shutting the shop down to get some sleep, for some reason I decided to check the fitment of the coil harness...it was junk!! Dave made some me calls and believe it or not, we had an unterminated harness delivered on Saturday. Back toSunday...there was a huge quality issue with the new harness and I ended up cutting up both harnesses to make one!

I finished thinall up litterally 60 minutes before I needed to be at the airport and it was a 60 min drive! As I was packing my equipment, Dave went FB live and fired it with the new Procharged 481x for the very first time...

Never again under those time constraints! Didn’t get too many pics of the wiring itself, but managed a few shots...

[url=https://postimages.org/]

CleanYourTrailer.com
Horse Power Sales
USADragRacingChat.com
Fab Shop
Race Flow Development

245" Harry Clack

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Attending some the radial tire Races and being part of racing programs that have set multiple world records has opened doors for us. After wiring Daddy Dave’s Fuel Tech system, I had the opportunity to work side by side with Anderson, the owner of Fuel Tech, at Lights Out 9...we did an NOS system install on Dave’s car, at the track, between rounds... I left there with an offer to be an authorized dealer and installer but haven’t pressed forward with that opportunity as I don’t know if I can handle any additional work load without making huge career changes (I still do this part time...but it feels like it’s consumed my life)!!! These opportunities have led to some of the top tuners in the EFI world sending cars our way...this one came from Josh Lindsey. This is Keith “Iceman Smith’s ex prostock s-10 grudge truck. ALlen Johnson all billet small block with 106mm turbo! We pulled all 3 NOS kits off and installed a FT 600 with AMS boost controller. ( this is where my new billet motor came from).

Before:

After:
This is stock FT harness...remember the post before I said we cut a ton of wire to make them fit...

What we cut out of just the engine harness...

Every car gets a printed pin map and diagram along with an emailed file!

CleanYourTrailer.com
Horse Power Sales
USADragRacingChat.com
Fab Shop
Race Flow Development

245" Harry Clack

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Awesome work! Great equipment you get to work on, and make better!

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6352 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Ah hell now hes going to be TV star,will have hi wiring cpl cars in street outlaws shop and showing of his work. LOL

Awesome job and after trying to make my simple little toy look half as neat I have all new admiration for your work.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4156 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wideopen231:
Ah hell now hes going to be TV star,will have hi wiring cpl cars in street outlaws shop and showing of his work. LOL

Awesome job and after trying to make my simple little toy look half as neat I have all new admiration for your work.

No TV starz for me!!!! Just the wire guy!!! Hell...my decals only lasted a couple races and had to be peeled off before filming started!

CleanYourTrailer.com
Horse Power Sales
USADragRacingChat.com
Fab Shop
Race Flow Development

245" Harry Clack