DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    BBC Blower idler bracket
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

BBC Blower idler bracket
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted
Looking for a blower idler bracket that bolts on the water pump bolts... Anybody?

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4466 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
Not a chevy guy, so I ask. I have one for a small block I think. Will it work on a BBC?

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3309 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
sbc water pump bolt pattern is different

But, if the bracket is at least 12" wide and 6-7" tall I can redrill hole no problem..yours doesn't sandwich between the block and w/p does it?

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4466 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I have one I could copy for you. I have some 10mm thick material that i used to copy it once already. Just have to skim the nut b/c they’re typically for 7/16 material I think. It would just be a rough finish, no fancy tools here.

Not sure if you need spacers too? I’ve never had spacers, just used bushings/standoffs on the bolts with a dry block. I’m probably going to make some soon to set one up wet.

Posts: 928 | Location: my own little world | Registered: July 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
I've got two, one polished one black, also have water pump spacers.

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by imakehp:
sbc water pump bolt pattern is different

But, if the bracket is at least 12" wide and 6-7" tall I can redrill hole no problem..yours doesn't sandwich between the block and w/p does it?

Nope. Where it it is no wider than where it bolts to water pump h oles, other than top where idler pulley goes.

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3309 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post