DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Rons Toilet on E85
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rons Toilet on E85
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of Mr Bill
posted
I m looking at taking the Toilet off my RED and put in my 57 BBC. 57 is currently set up for E85 and I'd like to still use E85.

Does anyone else run E85 with Ron's Toilet? I ran Meth on the RED and really liked simplicity of the mechanical injection . Would like to know what headaches I am in for... from others that have or are doing it.
Ron says if mostly a matter of changing nozzles and the pill sizes.
Thanks

Posts: 40 | Location: Flint, MI | Registered: October 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
Call James Monroe

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1399 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2462 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Agree---call James Monroe.

Posts: 86 | Location: Abilene, Texas | Registered: July 30, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I ran E85 with a toilet on a mild SBC (ZZ4).

I spoke with Scott at Killer Rons and got me a basic tune up by changing nozzles and suggesting a pill size to start. I ended up buying a second set of nozzles (#19s).

I only ran it less than a season because of getting E85 locally and it would test low until the summer blend came in.

I also couldn't stand the smell!

GL

Cool

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I hate the smell of E-85 but it is mechanical injection and surely Rons can get you close on the tune up.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4015 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Mr Bill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by M120:

I spoke with Scott at Killer Rons and got me a basic tune up by changing nozzles and suggesting a pill size to start. I ended up buying a second set of nozzles (#19s).

I
GL

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mr Bill,

Posts: 40 | Location: Flint, MI | Registered: October 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of Mr Bill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Bill:
quote:
Originally posted by M120:

I
GL

Thanks, this was the kind of info I was looking for. How did it run and did you run Meth before you switch to the E85. I can get E85 at my track in 5 gal cans, so I am not as worried about the bends.. My locate station right now is about E75

DRR Pro
Picture of AlkyIROC
posted Hide Post
I'm sure with a proper tune, a toilet can be used to run gasoline also but I don't know why anyone would want to.

www.hardtail.com Stephen's Racing Page
Best ET: 9.029
Best MPH: 150.45

Posts: 1352 | Location: Calgary | Registered: June 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Is it cheaper than pure methanol? If not I would just run methanol.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5310 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I think that anything E-85 will do Alcohol does better. Run cooler? Alcohol. Run faster? Alcohol. Consistent? Alcohol. E-85 is about 85% as good as alcohol in my opinion.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4015 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
I think that anything E-85 will do Alcohol does better. Run cooler? Alcohol. Run faster? Alcohol. Consistent? Alcohol. E-85 is about 85% as good as alcohol in my opinion.

But Alky is not available at WAWA

Posts: 691 | Location: Bucks Co Pa | Registered: January 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B.C.Malibu:
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:

But Alky is not available at WAWA

Have to go inside.....it's in the cooler........ Laughing very hard

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1466 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Mr Bill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cashflow:
Is it cheaper than pure methanol? If not I would just run methanol.

Methanol is not available at a reasonable cost here in Mid Michigan. I would rather run Methanol, I have alot experience with it, but being on a tight budget (retired) i need to run the best cost eff. fuel.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of sr4440
posted Hide Post
What's a "reasonable" cost? Because it's $192 a barrel in Mason, about 50 miles from you.

Joe

Without data, you’re just another guy with an opinion.

Posts: 1300 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
A primer plus system will pay back very quickly. From what I've seen it just makes sense for moving up through the lanes also. Pro:Easier starts and alot smaller methanol budget. Con:Plugs/valves will get carbon on them. Another fuel jug.

Good luck,
BW

Posts: 186 | Location: Rock><Hard Place | Registered: February 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I paid $156 to include the tax for a drum (w/drum exchange) in SE WI last week. Fuse Fuels from Cory Oil. I add a $12 quart of Klotz Uplon to the barrel for the ride home to mix.

I agree on the primer plus system.

Posts: 2462 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
I m looking at taking the Toilet off my RED and put in my 57 BBC. 57 is currently set up for E85 and I'd like to still use E85.

Does anyone else run E85 with Ron's Toilet? I ran Meth on the RED and really liked simplicity of the mechanical injection . Would like to know what headaches I am in for... from others that have or are doing it.
Thanks

KillerRons has customers who use E85. The tuneup is quite a bit different compared to Methanol. Send me a PM and I can see what you got and what changes will be needed.

IMO, methanol works better. Mainly because if you use "pump" e85 you will always be chasing the tune (carb or injection) as the percentage of ethanol in it is not always 85% (especially in the northern states). Now if you bought it from a race fuel supplier so as to guarantee a consistent mixture then that isn't really an issue. BUT, that takes away any cost savings.

Scott

Posts: 1838 | Location: Illinois | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Mr Bill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 358T:
quote:

Thanks

KillerRons has customers who use E85. The tuneup is quite a bit different compared to Methanol. Send me a PM and I can see what you got and what changes will be needed.

IMO, methanol works better. Mainly because if you use "pump" e85 you will always be chasing the tune (carb or injection) as the percentage of ethanol in it is not always 85% (especially in the northern states). Now if you bought it from a race fuel supplier so as to guarantee a consistent mixture then that isn't really an issue. BUT, that takes away any cost savings.

Scott

Scott sent a PM