DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Extending Wires on racepak modules
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Extending Wires on racepak modules
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of Bigdrive88
posted
I am moving the mass of vnet connections to a more convientent location on the car. I have 2 modules that will not reach the sending unit. They look just like 2 small wires. Is it ok to cut them and extend them a small amount by soldering & then heat shrinking them

Posts: 185 | Location: Hagerstown | Registered: September 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Slick Vic
posted Hide Post
I have shortened the sensor wires, and only wires i have ever extended was the DS sensor because it was a used unit that was shortened before. I would get a vnet extension cable and just extend where the vnet plugs into and move the vnet module for those sensors closer to the sensors. Extend the other end basically. Part Number 280-CA-VM-006 would be 6", 280-CA-VM-036 would be 36", etc. Plug and Play no worries on splicing issues.

302-786-1078
slickvic@slickvicracing.com

slickvic@slickvicracing.com
www.slickvicracing.com
302-786-1078

Dealer for most major brands, including Simpson, Necksgen, Hans, Strange, Moser, Amsoil, Aerospace, Digital Delay, Hoosier, M/T, Goodyear, Redhorse, MSD, Racepak, Lucas, and more.

Complete racecar wiring and custom CNC parts available.

Posts: 131 | Location: Delaware | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Bigdrive88
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reply Vic

Posts: 185 | Location: Hagerstown | Registered: September 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Don Higgins Crew Chief Pro Software
posted Hide Post
If you are in Florida I have extension cables always with me. I can ship them as well.

Crew Chief Pro 7.980. It is not an evolution in Crew Chief Software, it is a Revolution in Crew Chief Software
Drag Racing Software and Professional Weather Stations(309) 688-2990

Visit us on the web at http://www.crewchiefpro.com

Are you a Producer or a Parasite?

Author of the book, "But Who Will Save The Children."

Posts: 1381 | Location: Bartonville Illinois | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post