Find
Notify
Tools

Oh Boy!!!
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted

Posts: 1408 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of FootbrakeJim
posted Hide Post
One thing I do not understand, is the relatively short 14 day quarantine period. For a disease that multiple scientists have said can have an incubation period of up to 24 days?
And why the huge effort to evacuate thousands of people from "ground zero" in Wuhan, and bring them to the US? I almost hate to say this, (and would possibly have a different opinion if it affected someone like a family member), but I have always figured anyone who takes a job in the Middle-East, or a communist country, is taking a huge gamble, and doing so at their own risk. I do not think we (the entire rest of the U.S. population) should necessarily rush to put all of our own at risk, in order to bail out someone who took a big chance with their own well-being to make a big payday. At least they should make the mandatory quarantine period longer than the longest known/possible incubation period for the threat.

Dan "Jim" Moore
Much too young to feel this damn old!!

Posts: 1032 | Location: Farmersville, TX  | Registered: December 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
...but I have always figured anyone who takes a job in the Middle-East, or a communist country, is taking a huge gamble, and doing so at their own risk. I do not think we (the entire rest of the U.S. population) should necessarily rush to put all of our own at risk, in order to bail out someone who took a big chance with their own well-being to make a big payday.

I hear what you're saying. I worked internationally for 15+ years (Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Africa, Russia, Ecuador, etc.) and ultimately figured I was responsible for myself. Carrying your logic one step further we should not necessarily bail out service men either, I assume you supported Benghazi. After all it's an all volunteer army! Seriously, it makes a lot more sense to save American citizens than sanctuary cities, free health care, housing, education, etc. in my opinion. It's a crazy country we live in.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2323 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Canted Valve:
quote:
...but I have always figured anyone who takes a job in the Middle-East, or a communist country, is taking a huge gamble, and doing so at their own risk. I do not think we (the entire rest of the U.S. population) should necessarily rush to put all of our own at risk, in order to bail out someone who took a big chance with their own well-being to make a big payday.

I hear what you're saying. I worked internationally for 15+ years (Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Africa, Russia, Ecuador, etc.) and ultimately figured I was responsible for myself. Carrying your logic one step further we should not necessarily bail out service men either, I assume you supported Benghazi. After all it's an all volunteer army! Seriously, it makes a lot more sense to save American citizens than sanctuary cities, free health care, housing, education, etc. in my opinion. It's a crazy country we live in.

Well it's a significant difference between being over there for the military, even if by contract, and going over there working for a corporation or to do missionary work. Your boss should be there to get you out of what he gets you into. Corporations going to do that?

And I'm a little concerned about bringing anyone who is Quarantined to our country. The idea should be containment. Everyone stop where they are, shelter in place, and get treated where you are. This is the stuff of zombie movies..

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6352 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Your boss should be there to get you out of what he gets you into. Corporations going to do that?

Yes, there was always a clause in the contract they would get you out.... if they could.

I absolutely agree everyone stops where they are and waits it out. The way 3rd world countries pour over our boarders I'm amazed there hasn't been more epidemics in the states. Of course measles, whooping cough, tuberculosis, scarlet fever, etc. have been seen recently. And yes, governments number one responsibility is to protects it CITIZENS...... fail!

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2323 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Your boss should be there to get you out of what he gets you into. Corporations going to do that?

Yes, there was always a clause in the contract they would get you out.... if they could.

I absolutely agree everyone stops where they are and waits it out. The way 3rd world countries pour over our boarders I'm amazed there hasn't been more epidemics in the states. Of course measles, whooping cough, tuberculosis, scarlet fever, etc. have been seen recently. And yes, governments number one responsibility is to protects it CITIZENS...... fail!

Dead on

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6352 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
CANTED NAILED IT...AGAIN!

Posts: 1749 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Interesting you mention whooping Cough. This is a drag race board and most work on their stuff. How many keep their Tetanus shot up to date? Few know that the Tetanus shot does more than just prevent Tetanus, it also covers Whooping Cough and Diphtheria. How much of the simple BS is because people don't take care of their own health. We have a large population that use urgent care clinics for health care with no medical records of vaccines or what illnesses they've had.

Posts: 1451 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Eman:
quote:
quote:

Interesting you mention whooping Cough. This is a drag race board and most work on their stuff. How many keep their Tetanus shot up to date? Few know that the Tetanus shot does more than just prevent Tetanus, it also covers Whooping Cough and Diphtheria. How much of the simple BS is because people don't take care of their own health. We have a large population that use urgent care clinics for health care with no medical records of vaccines or what illnesses they've had.

Well dang! I didn't know that.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Sportsman
Picture of FootbrakeJim
posted Hide Post
As a veteran, I absolutely believe the nation OWES it to our servicemen and women to get them out of harm's way.
I do think Bucky and Canted Valve BOTH nailed it. Some idiots running parts of this country are complete whack jobs with their priorities all fugged-up.
Something else to think about: They say this stuff can live on surfaces for 6 days or longer. I know most of the crap goods from China come here by slow boat. But a LOT of it comes by air freight. And the flow of Mail from there has not stopped. Hundreds of thousands of letters and packages arriving every day, and getting distributed all over the U.S. There are lots of people becoming VERY concerned about that aspect. Saying this stuff could mutate, and all it will take is one piece of mail or package to enter a distribution or sorting center, and spread the nightmare to hundreds of cities BEFORE anyone even begins to show symptoms.
Not a tinfoil hat wearing kind of guy, but D A M N the potential is ripe for a real mess...
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
quote:
quote:

Well it's a significant difference between being over there for the military, even if by contract, and going over there working for a corporation or to do missionary work. Your boss should be there to get you out of what he gets you into. Corporations going to do that?

And I'm a little concerned about bringing anyone who is Quarantined to our country. The idea should be containment. Everyone stop where they are, shelter in place, and get treated where you are. This is the stuff of zombie movies..

Dan "Jim" Moore
Much too young to feel this damn old!!

Posts: 1032 | Location: Farmersville, TX  | Registered: December 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Wasn't Ebola going to kill us all?

Posts: 518 | Location: Southeast | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phil Dees:
Wasn't Ebola going to kill us all?

Just like Bird flu. Just like mad cow. Just like swine flu.... The Flu kills tens of thousands every year....

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1383 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I spent many years working in many of these rat hole war areas and once when the sh-- hit the fan it was my cash that got my wife and daughter smuggled out of the country! We were kind of on our own out there but, they don't pay all that money because its a cake walk. Its the chance you take for the money you make. But I on the other hand am glad that our government is getting some of them out of there.

Posts: 6193 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post