Share |
DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Heffler and CARS "short" cars
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Heffler and CARS "short" cars
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Was watching the coverage of the race this weekend and it looked like one of the CARS dragsters and Jeff Heffler had short dragsters, but the back looked different than the landsharks I've seen before. Who made them? Anyone have any details on them? Looked like they might have been slightly longer than the landsharks but it's hard to tell from the video.

Posts: 113 | Location: Jackson, MS | Registered: July 31, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Seems like lynch is a AMERICAN

Posts: 434 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Jeff Heflers cars were built by Kasey LAne Race cars in Texas..

Rick Huffman
Accelerated Graphics
Why was everyone Kung Fu Fighting?

Posts: 649 | Location: Burleson TX | Registered: January 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
https://www.facebook.com/Kaseylaneracecars/

Rick Huffman
Accelerated Graphics
Why was everyone Kung Fu Fighting?

Posts: 649 | Location: Burleson TX | Registered: January 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Jason Lynch car is an American, originally built for someone out of Colorado. Steadily going 4.50's without issue at only 200" wheelbase. There are 6 of these floating around the country and likely to be more soon.

Shane Carr

"Sugar Shane"

Posts: 111 | Location: No clue | Registered: March 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
pics?

Posts: 1044 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
The one from Colorado used to belong to Johnny Bates. It was an American car.

Posts: 36 | Location: Albuquerque | Registered: September 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
TORQIN - I dont have any pics but you can watch the last hour or so of Sundays race from Memphis, Lynch lost at 5 cars. Motormaniatv.com, MMTV2

"Sugar Shane"

Posts: 111 | Location: No clue | Registered: March 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
I texted him...nice piece!

Posts: 1044 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I've seen that America car before, didn't know that was it. How long is the wheelbase on hefflers car?

Posts: 113 | Location: Jackson, MS | Registered: July 31, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I wonder how much lighter they are being 25 to 50 inch shorter?

Posts: 62 | Location: Work | Registered: April 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JPosey:
I wonder how much lighter they are being 25 to 50 inch shorter?

Jeff told me no real difference, its just a little bit of CM tubing. Everything else is the same as a long car

Posts: 524 | Location: On the the dark side now | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
What are the benefits of the shorter wheel base?

Posts: 70 | Location: st louis mo | Registered: April 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I believe Jeff told me his car is around 185" wheelbase.
"What are benefits of shorter wheelbase?"

Easier to fit in garage and trailer.

Posts: 1150 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 57 Vette
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:

Driving the finish line Smile
IHRA ACDELCO Canadian Nationals
Top e/t Iron man Champion Wink
Don Davis 57 Corvette Super Gas roadster Cool
SDPC Race Shop 582 Head Hunter

Posts: 239 | Location: Toronto Ont/Surprise AZ | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
http://www.landsharkdragsters.com/

My Son Jeff and I owned one of the original Landshark dragsters. It was a good package and worked well. In addition, unique and eye catching.

Another advantage, when staged, the rear tires were in a spot on the track surface that was basically unused by any other car.

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1345 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I have saw that American car in person before it is very nice. Check out the serious blinder on the helmet.

Posts: 62 | Location: Work | Registered: April 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 57 Vette:
quote:

IHRA ACDELCO Canadian Nationals
Top e/t Iron man Champion Wink
Don Davis 57 Corvette Super Gas roadster Cool
SDPC Race Shop 582 Head Hunter

Jeff Hefler is very good driving the finish line n any car. He has no problems there.

Posts: 1150 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 57 Vette:
quote:

I think the shorter car would make driving the stripe more difficult for me, but that's due to my method.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 2310 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post