Find
Notify
Tools

New S/C car ?
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Freddie
posted
I am working on a new car for super comp and having been away from racing for a bit was wondering what is the go to delay box and ignition setups?

Posts: 685 | Location: Anderson SC. | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
MSD Grid ignition. Delay box is completely based on user preference.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3154 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Frizie
posted Hide Post
K&R

Michael Frizie
ET 2471

Posts: 571 | Location: Winston, GA | Registered: April 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
Grid for ignition, Digital Delay or K&R for delay box....Haven't seen many dedenbear out there anymore......

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1465 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
K&R delay box and switch panel MSD Grid

Posts: 62 | Location: south carolina | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of NC3x58
posted Hide Post
MSD Grid for sure, delay box can be any of the K&R, Digital Delay or the Dedenbear delay boxes are still solid pieces. I currently have a Dedenbear, but I'd really like to go to a Digital Delay/Biondo box.

Nick Craig

1971 Camaro Split Bumper
376ci LS3

Posts: 410 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Grid for ignition for sure.

Delay box is your preference. I have a Mega 450 in my car and my wife has a K&R Pro Cube. Mostly the same features but the mega 450 has the option to record RPM. But you won’t need that because the grid does it.

I would recommend going to the track and getting someone to show you their Mega box and someone else to show you their K&R then you can decide what you prefer.

Posts: 713 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
I currently have a mega 400 in my stuff. works perfectly but gonna upgrade to a 450 I think. I need the backlit keypad as the 400 isn't....gonna sell it......

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1465 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of rs72z
posted Hide Post
My new to me car has the digital delay elite 625 in it. I really like the relay board it uses, only a cable runs to the box and all wiring goes to the board. It also has the push to release option, same as K&R zforce.

Posts: 206 | Location: texas | Registered: November 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Buck2248
posted Hide Post
I would go with K&R box and wiring kit and the grid. thats what I have had in all my cars.

Mike Buchwald

Posts: 538 | Location: Caledonia, Mississippi | Registered: January 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted Hide Post
If you don't have the right converter and carburetor, none of the other stuff matters Wink

SL...

Posts: 2109 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Welcome back, always good to have more racers! I would probably buy the Grid now also but I have been using an MSD Digital Programmable 6 for a long time and it seems to work fine. Didn't cost an arm or a leg either.

I use a K&R box also, smaller and I feel easier than the other boxes.

For a carburetor there are several out there but Mark Whitener does a great job. Converters is pick your poison. I have several different ones.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5304 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Stephen Hughes
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DragRaceResults:
If you don't have the right converter and carburetor, none of the other stuff matters Wink

SL...

Thats a whole different can of worms with endless opinions.

The Pull-Out....for when you want to work smarter, not harder!!!

Posts: 336 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of rs72z
posted Hide Post
quote:

SL...

Is it getting boring in here? Big Grin

Posts: 206 | Location: texas | Registered: November 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Freddie
posted Hide Post
quote:

SL...

I would agree. Thankfully when I sold off all of my other stuff I managed to keep one of my motors, trans and three converters that were built for this combination. I know with the new car it may need some adjustments.

Posts: 685 | Location: Anderson SC. | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post