DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    detailing guys i need advice?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

detailing guys i need advice?
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted
my 30 foot white trailer had dark streaks/stains down the side of it that wont wash off.

can any detail guys recommend a prodect to clean and polish it up,including oxidized chrome?

also im thinking i may need a descent buffer but no clue what to get.

Posts: 1424 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
what I see looks FINE to me!! Not worthy

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Mike,

I don't see a white 30 foot trailer anywhere...although I am still refocusing.

SCRUB and Bubbles for the bathroom and terry towels...let it sit for about 20 seconds then scrub it. Do one section at a time and prepare for the workout of your life!

Posts: 1749 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
actually ed that's what created the nasty streaks!! I went through a blue beacon truck wash and when they sprayed the roof all that black streaking came down the sides of the trailer

Posts: 1424 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
never had that happen to me. They will be cleaning my trailer next week which has black streaks on it now.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
yikes ed
there must be stuff that gets on the roof and then washes down the sides obviously.then once it dries it stains pretty noticeable

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
it's the galvanized roof that causes the black streaking

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Hey Mike.... there is a place in Florida, they make/sell trailer bright......do a small section at a time, spray it on, wipe off with clean, DRY towel then wash with soap and water, takes time but works great.....

Posts: 72 | Location: SYRACUSE,NEW YORK | Registered: October 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
The Blue Beacon is known as the "STREAKING BEACON" amongst the trucking world. The chemicals they use are very abusive to the finish and do seem to cause the streaks at times. I have found that only a good waxing can help prevent this streaking along with monthly or more hand washing.

USE JOY and only JOY dishwashing soap (its yellow in color) and hand wax at least twice a year once you get the black streaks off. Bones Ewing's detail guy instructed me to do this last year and my rig has never looked so good!

I have also used the trailer bright...good stuff and very strong...will remove the clear and paint if not careful.

Posts: 1749 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
torqin
the joy dishwashing soap will remove the streaks first? then wax it?

DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Scrub and bubbles first or trailer bright...once clean of streaks then wax after the streaks are all gone. Only wash the rig with JOY and wax 2 to 3 times per year.

WORKS VERY WELL FOR ME.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I live on an island,what is scrub and bubbles?? lol

DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Bathroom cleaning supplies...

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:

well I'm going to give it a try hoping this isn't some kind of sick torqin prank!!

DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jenavet:
quote:

well I'm going to give it a try hoping this isn't some kind of sick torqin prank!!

LMAO...no pranks...if the streaks are real bad it may only come off with trailer bright...you will know once you get started. I use the scrub and bubbles for cleaning chassis, oil off of motor...tires all kinds of stuff...it does a real good job!

DRR Pro
Picture of head gamez
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TORQIN:
quote:
Originally posted by jenavet:
quote:

LMAO...no pranks...if the streaks are real bad it may only come off with trailer bright...you will know once you get started. I use the scrub and bubbles for cleaning chassis, oil off of motor...tires all kinds of stuff...it does a real good job!

Slightly off topic, but some of my round track friends turned me on to an aresol product called SD-20 for cleaning chassis, motor, etc. It works great.

Mikey

Posts: 1706 | Location: In a Marriott near you! | Registered: February 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Scrubbing Bubbles by S.C. Johnson and Son

LA’s Totally Awesome cleaner works but be very careful, it is harsh. I would wet a section of the trailer, spray the cleaner and then pretty much wash it right away with soap and water.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5296 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
never had that happen to me. They will be cleaning my trailer next week which has black streaks on it now.
You mean you leave that $65000 trailer outside....dang coat the top then...

Posts: 1250 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Torqin.....you going to Marco's race at dragway 42?

Posts: 72 | Location: SYRACUSE,NEW YORK | Registered: October 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post