DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    detailing guys i need advice?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

detailing guys i need advice?
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Harry, Yes sir we are!

Posts: 1749 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Howie

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Yea that guy Howie!

Posts: 1749 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of KWig
posted Hide Post
As far as the black streaks, I used this stuff on the roof of my last one, and will use it again, on this one.
https://www.lowes.com/pd/BLACK...ted-Warranty/3013309

This stuff stopped the streaking, and made it quite a bit cooler inside. 2 coats covered my 28 ft really well.

Now, as far as the back up girl- DAYYUUM !!!

You have to put in the effort, to get anything out of it.

Posts: 736 | Location: Cumming Ga | Registered: January 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
More pics of the BUG?

Jeremiah Hall

Posts: 703 | Location: Evansville, IN | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Purple power works amazing. But it does take off all waxes and will need to be waxed after. Just spray it on straight and use a good car was soap on brush and wipe off.

Stephen Liss jr

Posts: 329 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: April 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
More pics of the BUG?

I do but pretty sure they wont meet the family oriented standards of this site

Posts: 1424 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Wash from the bottom first, moving up. As odd as it seems,the dirt above will fall of the vehicle. Just keep it wet, especially if you are using a strong acting cleaner.
If you start at the top, the cleaner will leave streaks below.

My 2¢.

Cool

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Mike Beck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jenavet:
quote:
More pics of the BUG?

I do but pretty sure they wont meet the family oriented standards of this site

You have my cell #, send some to me. Wink

And I won't let me wife see them! Smile

Guess I am one lucky SOB not to have streaks on either of my trailers.

Posts: 1444 | Location: South River, NJ | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
What about that RV455 quack that used to come on here and threaten people. Didn't his cleaner actually work?

Posts: 1108 | Location: OklahomaCity,OK | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
he's long dead

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
A local detailer has been ceramic coating campers and enclosed trailers with good results. It doesnt clean the streaks, but makes is easy to clean off if you get them.

Posts: 39 | Location: oregon | Registered: December 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of sst5167
posted Hide Post
I am surprised more guys aren't ranting and raving about LA's Totally Awesome. I did a search on here about black streaks a few years ago, and that seemed to be what everybody recommended. I diluted it down approximately 80/20 with water. I made sure the trailer was good and wet before applying, and rinsed immediately. It was a simple and very effective process. I gave it a good coat of wax, and it still looks great. The streaks have never come back.

Mike Boehner

Posts: 92 | Location: Lake Havasu City, AZ | Registered: January 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
The streaks have never come back.

that would be amazing

Posts: 1424 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Once you get them cleaned there is some gutter systems that will help from them coming back as a bad

Posts: 1250 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
they saying that la awesome cleaner is super cheap,they sell it at the dollar store and works real well.maybe I will try that

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
LA Awesome cleaner from the Dollar Tree will remove black streaks along with the finish from the trailer panels. It is a very strong cleaner. Be very careful using it. I know from experience!

Posts: 16 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I would try a small panel first...and personally I would try simple green first....not near as harsh...

Posts: 1250 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
Nothing works better than LA Awesome and its very cheap. You can buy it by the case and I do and use it on everything around the house/garage...

Simple green does work too but not as well as LA Awesome and also leaves a residue......I have used both....

Yes you do need to be careful and test it but I have used it full strength and let it sit a few minutes and it does not remove paint on my old Classic trailer....2002

It will leave a while residue if you don't rinse it good and it's best not to let it sit on aluminum....It will discolor it

My motorhome roof (fiberglass) was a mess and I pressure washed it and tried other cleaners and nothing worked....

The LA worked and did not discolor anything.....

A bucket and a long handled scrub brush...a ladder and a small electric pressure washer...

All my stuff sits in my driveway and trees wreak havoc on the roof of my trailer and MH.....Trailer roof is impossible to keep clean especially.

The white roof coating paint would be a big help but there is no way my old butt is doing that...

I'm no clean freak but try not to look like a Junkyard Dog......lol

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
I coated my roof with a silicone rubber coating to try and prevent the black streaks, but I still get them, not quite as bad but they are still there. The aluminum trim at the top of the side panels are what's doing it. If the trailer manufactures would use anodized aluminum this wouldn't happen. I am looking into some type of paint that will stick to the trim and be close to the color of the raw aluminum trim to prevent the streaks.

Simple Green works for me, but my trailer has been repainted with Dupont Imron, so the paint is probably tougher than whatever is on the panels from the factory........When I first got this trailer it had lots of black streaks, I ended up having to use a strong cleaner (LA Awesome) to get them off, but it removed so much of the paint I had to repaint the trailer.

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3096 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post