DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Tires on my tow truck
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tires on my tow truck
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
toyo open country a/t has load range E and F tires that are set to greater than 50 psi cold

Posts: 789 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of FootbrakeJim
posted Hide Post
Well, glad I asked, I did learn something.
I just put new sneakers on the HD, Discount Tire had the exact same model as what it came with from the factory, (20" GY Wrangler AS). The originals had 67K on them, and still had enough tread to go at least another 10K, but one punctured on some road debris. Sucked, because it made a cut across the tread, which couldn't be plugged or patched, so I had to replace at least 2, decided to go with 4.
I plan to add some lift and look at the high pressure Mickey 35x12.5's when I retire in a year or 2. For now, I have to park in a garage at work, and stock height of the truck is real close to scraping on overhead water pipes. Roll Eyes

Dan "Jim" Moore
Much too young to feel this damn old!!

Posts: 1037 | Location: Farmersville, TX  | Registered: December 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I can’t go any taller cause my antenna already runs on the garage door at home on one side of garage, shop side has higher door but that is where I work on stuff.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post