DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Lots of oil out the valve cover breathers
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lots of oil out the valve cover breathers
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 511camaro:
I have had the same issue in the past.

Alcohol.

Posts: 72 | Location: Oostburg WI | Registered: October 16, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Still no leak down test results? Confused

Leak down is the first step.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
Still no leak down test results? Confused

Leak down is the first step.

Soon. haven't been out to the shop since the weekend.

Posts: 72 | Location: Oostburg WI | Registered: October 16, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
260psi static compression cold on all 8 cylinders. I loaned my good leakdown tester out years ago and don't remember who has it so I ordered a "cheap" one from Amazon not realizing it was a low input pressure model. That said, I'm within 2% highest to lowest cylinder so I don't think there's anything wrong with the bottom end. I did look at the oil drain back holes and noted they are only 1/2" and are 1/3 blocked by the block itself. Seems logical at this point that I have an oil supply and return problem. Too much supply or not enough return or a combination of both.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
csr you have a pm

Posts: 26 | Location: washington iowa | Registered: May 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Are you monitoring base pressure? was it measured at start up? If not hook up a magnahilic gauge and measure your base pressure . That will give you a good idea of what's happening with the ring package. I have seen high pressure caused by incorrect ring package, rings upside down and so on. But not being there, I am just shooting in the dark.

Posts: 97 | Location: Atlanta “Land Soft--Kill Quiet” | Registered: January 21, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Rodney Pryor
posted Hide Post
Prime the engine with the valve covers off.

Posts: 116 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post