Share |
DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Wanted    396BBC (or 427BBC in a pinch)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

396BBC (or 427BBC in a pinch)
 Login/Join 
DRR Pro
posted
One day (not today), I know I'll need to replace my current 396, so there is no immediate hurry. I would like to start gathering components. 396s are not nearly as easy to find nor nearly as cheap as they once were...kinda like Powerglides. There was a time when an entire truckload of complete 396s would be dumped into a landfill when they were replaced under warranty. I would "settle" for a 427, but I'm really not all that interested in a 454. Just throwing it out there, in case somebody relatively nearby comes across a slamming deal. Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 642 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Hmmm. Maybe I should have asked for this 25 years ago or so, huh? Wink Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 642 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
I have a 60 over 402 BBC and crank-Torker intake-ATI balancer-All $450 Might be something you my could use. PARTS ARE CLEAN.

Posts: 1548 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Hey Tom i talked to a friend of mine today and he says he has a 396 375 short block he would consider selling

Posts: 7 | Location: va | Registered: August 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgefamily:
Hey Tom i talked to a friend of mine today and he says he has a 396 375 short block he would consider selling

Tell me more...when you can. Smile

Bear in mind, I am not looking for some numbers matching deal for a restoration. There is definitely a market for that, which is well out of my price range. Take care. Tom Worthington

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Anyone else? Smile

Tell you what, it's also tough to find rotating assembly kits for 396 and 427 anymore. Frown Take care. Tom Worthington

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Hi to i have a 427 tall deck if you need one. It was bored and has 4 bolt main. I moved and never finished it 400.00 Also have built 496 only ran on eng stand 14 k invested sell for 7k. And lots of parts. I have a alk blown tee for sale or trade. I had hip replacement so i cant race. 530-367-2702 home and cell is 707-499-2702 car ran 7.20 last time out mild tun up

yes

Posts: 1 | Location: foresthill ca | Registered: August 15, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the response. I don't really want to open the tall deck can of worms. And your complete engine is WAY out of my league. Smile Take care. Tom Worthington