DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Ugh I hate moving!!!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ugh I hate moving!!!
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted
So spending most of today going through shed to toss a BUNCH OF CRAP that I'm tired of hauling around, and clean up some other stuff to make loading easier. You just don't realize how much crap you have until you realize how much crap you have! Got it about half way done though, and a lot is going to the trash heap.... Even managing to sell some stuff too, which helps a lot....I'll just be glad when it's all done......

I close this thursday on the house and get moving truck friday. I should be on the road by sunday at the latest for first trip of two......

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1465 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Little Chief
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on the next chapter of your life and hope the move is seamless. One of my dads old sayings was 3 moves is equal to a fire. I believe that to be true.

Posts: 230 | Location: Kilgore Texas | Registered: July 15, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
Thanks, and the plan is this is my last move, forever......I've already made the promise that when I get settled, I'm going to unpack everything I have and throw away the boxes.....I have never fully unpacked my stuff since my divorce in 2014.

Mark Goulette

Posts: 1465 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Then dont move so much if you hate it

Posts: 2422 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
This^^^

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
Then dont move so much if you hate it

This has been planned for quite some time. Just because I hate moving doesn't mean I'm not going to do it. It's my final move....I'll just be glad to get it done and over with. I'm excited for my move, but not excited to do it....just a lot of work when you're solo......

Mark Goulette

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Coloradoracer:
I have never fully unpacked my stuff since my divorce in 2014.

I got divorced in 2014 too, its also the first year with my dragster and I won the track championship at the Motorplex, yes 2014 was a very good year Big Grin

Posts: 2422 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
I got divorced in 2014 too, its also the first year with my dragster and I won the track championship at the Motorplex, yes 2014 was a very good year Big Grin

USA

Mark Goulette

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I hate moving and my current house is my last one. I am building it for me just like I want.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4003 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
Well, when you run out of room to put things, but still have packing to do....yay....

Looks like the owners of the house I'm looking to buy will accept my offer. I'll know more by tomorrow, sending the offer today....

Mark Goulette

DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
Mark what is it with the cold weather that you like soo much? Do you bear hunt-fish a lot? I moved from Northern VA to Alabama about 34 years ago. I could not stand the cold the older I get. It was a big change in my life and job. Heat can be rough here. I hope you get a good shop fixed the way you want it. SmileI hear the trout are super nice to catch.Best of times coming Smile

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Coloradoracer:
Well, when you run out of room to put things, but still have packing to do....yay....

Well, just made my 2nd trip to OK. from CA. with the wife's car on a trailer so things are getting closer. Movers are coming JUne 14 to CA. and then I have to run back to CA. to drop teh RV we are renting, finish cleaning up, etc. so we can put the house on the market. Hopefully sells quick 2 house payments is a *****.

Posts: 94 | Location: The Flatlands of Western Oklahoma! | Registered: August 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Footloose:
Mark what is it with the cold weather that you like soo much? Do you bear hunt-fish a lot? I moved from Northern VA to Alabama about 34 years ago. I could not stand the cold the older I get. It was a big change in my life and job. Heat can be rough here. I hope you get a good shop fixed the way you want it. SmileI hear the trout are super nice to catch.Best of times coming Smile

I've never done well in hot weather. Cooler temps have always been more comfortable to me. I don't like to be cold, but I do like cooler weather. I lived in Alaska before, so I already know what to expect. Well prepared for it as well.

Salmon are going to be running soon, I might be up there in time to do some fishing!!! The rest of this year will be more about getting completely settled for the first time in many years. Don't have a lot planned except to get moved and completely unpacked, get the machine work on my block done that it needs, and work on getting it back together as well as taking some time to just BREATHE......haven't been able to really do that for a while either....

The sellers accepted my offer on the house, so now it's under contract. Should close right around or slightly before mid July. I'll be staying with my daughter until then, but she's super excited to have me around again...hehehe, she misses her dad more than she thought she would....

Closed on the house this morning, was funded by noon. I'm now officially completely debt free as well!! Great feeling!!!! Got a nice chunk of change in the bank as well. So far everything is coming together, I just hope it stays that way!! Anybody have any trips up north planned??? Fishing, racing, getting chased by eskimos.....lol

Mark Goulette

DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John Brewer:
Well, just made my 2nd trip to OK. from CA. with the wife's car on a trailer so things are getting closer. Movers are coming JUne 14 to CA. and then I have to run back to CA. to drop teh RV we are renting, finish cleaning up, etc. so we can put the house on the market. Hopefully sells quick 2 house payments is a *****.

I feel the pain....from here it's 3300 miles one way....I just did a virginia and back trip, just under 4000 miles, I'm going to be loading tomorrow and finish packing, likely leaving sunday morning or early afternoon for first trip.....get there, unload, turn in truck and put daily driver and flatbed at storage lot they have arranged for me, then fly back and do it all over again....

Mark Goulette

DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
Moving always has me feeling envious of the homeless. Laughing Hard

Home is one thing, moving the shop is a real nightmare.

Good luck, hope your move is everything you want it to be.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1645 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
Picked up the moving truck today. Got both tool boxes loaded and that was about it. Been raining off and on all day so that part sucked. No help, so had to get inventive.....back flat bed up to shed. Bridge gap with wood planks and lay down 3/4" plywood. Use winch on trailer to pull boxes onto flatbed. Back flatbed up to uhaul, anchor snatch block to uhaul and use winch to pull boxes into truck....was a pain in the butt but it worked....tomorrow, the rest of the heavy stuff then the easier stuff....depending on how things go tomorrow, I may get on the road Sunday, but looking more like Monday.

Mark Goulette

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
That is something I understand. I have done so much with so little for so long that I can now do about anything with nothing. Its hard having no help. Good luck.

Posts: 6213 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I feel your pain on moving Doubt anyone here has moved as much as I have in their lifetime. Being a military kid and then both my wife and I serving in the military we have moved a lot. It has its pluses and minuses for sure. You learn you possessions are just stuff. Thye can all be replaced, you also learn to streamline your life alot. Best of luck on the move. We always looked at it as and adventure.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 989 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post