DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Medthanol barrel cost
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Medthanol barrel cost
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted
So wha t are you guys paying for a barrel of methanol. Have you seen any price jumps this year?

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4177 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Has went form $165 with Top lube delivered to $210.

Let's Go Brandon!

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3990 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Methanol Barrel. April 2021 was $155. October 2021 was $164. April 2022 is $189. FJB!! FJB!!

Posts: 2447 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
I just bought two barrels a couple weeks ago for $275 plus tax each. That is bulk methanol, no lube, and I brought my own drums to fill.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3150 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
They selling M1 at a local track for $10 a gallon…WTF

Posts: 1251 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I got two barrels filled for $158 after tax. VP bring your own barrels.

I can tell you Renegade is ripping people off right now. My buddy just got a price of $280 a barrel. It is very convenient that they started sponsoring quite a few series last year, and even more this year, and their prices have gone up roughly $100. Average price of methanol production has increased by 2-4% since 2020.

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Holytown:

Care to share where if this is available to all?

Posts: 1451 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Yeager
posted Hide Post
Just paid $200 for a barrel.

Mark Yeager

Posts: 1380 | Location: Hollister,CA | Registered: April 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Eman:
quote:

Bobby Taylor Oil Company in Fayetville NC

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
HOLYTOWN,

Thanks for that info. Might be making a road trip this week.

Posts: 4177 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Still $2.99/Gal by me. self serve pump. Just bring my own barrel and top lube.

Stephen Liss jr

Posts: 329 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: April 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Luvtruck
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

I'll check with them since I drive past there to get mine from Charlie Gilbert.

Bobby Taylor Oil Company in Fayetville NC

Posts: 242 | Location: Vanceboro NC | Registered: February 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
Makes you ask the question who's making money on the deal when one person is paying less than $3 a gallon and others are paying a lot more. It's not taxes.

Posts: 1451 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Track got back to me on price. 6 per gallon or 4 per gallon in barrel if using my drum. Now if buying 3 or 4 barrels 40 or 50 bucks per would make the trip worth it. At 58 bucks per barrel, it is hard to drive much to pick up and come out with gas at 4.50 a gallon and 15 mpg truck. I knew I shouldn't have liked math so much and my typing shows it.LOL

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Jeremy creasman has best price on alky…

Posts: 1251 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
quote:
Makes you ask the question who's making money on the deal when one person is paying less than $3 a gallon and others are paying a lot more. It's not taxes.

Makes me wonder how many barrels I could sell at track for 180? That way racers save and I make cpl bucks.Then I would get busted for not having proper license and cost me 5000 in fines.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
I would jump all over a couple of barrels of diesel for 150 bucks.

Posts: 4815 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Heck I will take all you can get at 150 barrel of disel. Local small trucker would have them gone before unloaded.

DRR Trophy
Picture of inferno camaro
posted Hide Post
I paid $790 for 270 gallon 3 weeks ago. Saved $1 per gallon if buying 250 gallon or more.

Posts: 361 | Location: Indiana | Registered: January 20, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of DaleH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stephensx04:
Still $2.99/Gal by me. self serve pump. Just bring my own barrel and top lube.

Curious if this is in Wisconsin and location? Might be worth a road trip.

Dale

Posts: 61 | Location: MN | Registered: August 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post