DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Ihra prohibits deep staging?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ihra prohibits deep staging?
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
Aside from deep stage confusion IHRA isn't having any luck with these races either. I saw one thing posted where 421 was closed, the main hwy from Boone. Then I saw where they've combined the races.

Posts: 1461 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Why should deep staging be allowed at a real race? I can understand street or trophy, maybe. But why should the guy in the other lane with a real racecar be distracted by some guy in the other lane blinking the bulbs. If you can't get a light work on your car or roll it in as far as you dare. Knock out the prestage you are red and the race is over.

Posts: 109 | Location: NY | Registered: April 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
It gets better. Flyer says re entry, winners advance to next round. That’s pretty plain, but wait, they run all the buy backs at the front of round 2 with ALL the winners going to round 3. Not the way I understand “re entry”. Then the flyer offers a lottery up till the end of round 3, but wait, we aren’t doing that today. Flyer not to accurate. And I was one that missed round 2 waiting for re entry round to be over. Oh well, still have a $5000 race here but I think i’ll Pass on these from now on.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
So they're running both races today?

Posts: 1461 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
AZ,

Deep staging has been used since the pre-stage
light became part of the tree and even before that. Everybody isn't lucky enough to do this if they have to drive the car to the track.
Are you near ATCO RACE TRACK?
Brenda

Brenda Taylor

Posts: 380 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: September 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Due to the low car count Wilkesboro ran the 10k race and then ran the 5k after.

Posts: 337 | Location: up on the wheel | Registered: March 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
I would have thought they might improve car count on Sunday seeing as how most of the IHRA tracks in the area had points races today.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Neal I thought you might be there---we had to help your buddy out with a starter---real nice guy. For that matter all of the racers I met up there were a top notch, real friendly bunch. The local track workers were great also as were the tech guys. But I saw some of the funniest time tickets I ever laid eyes on. I had a good time up there at a track I had never been to. Wish I could have done more but other than the IHRA glitch it was a good time. Also for the kind of money they were paying, why would anyone go to a points race? Might have been 75 cars total including JRs. $10,000 and $5000 for $150 entry, don't have to be a member just pay, pass a simple tech, and race. I know those locals that attended were happy everyone stayed away Big Grin

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I have always thought that IHRA could have a race with $1,000,000 to win and FREE entry.

Not sure why,but hardly anybody would still show up.

If they can't get more than 75 cars for one of these races,I am not sure what they are going to try next.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
You would think their IHRA tracks would not schedule a points race 50mi away on the same day, also NHRA track about the same distance had a points race. Don't know what else was going on. They need to get rid of that "no deep staging" deal and anything else that discourages racers. Maybe run foot brake/no box separate all the way instead of sticking the winner with the Top cars. Maybe doing whats on the flyer would help. But if you went to a $1000----$1500 to win points race instead of this what were you thinking?

DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
The schedule for local IHRA points races came out long before the IHRA had a schedule for this series. I wonder if they attempted to coordinate with the tracks in the area, the densest state for IHRA bracket tracks.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brenda Taylor:
AZ,

Deep staging has been used since the pre-stage
light became part of the tree and even before that.
How can you deep stage if there is no pre-stage light?

Posts: 109 | Location: NY | Registered: April 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Come on--either you are awful young or not very knowledgeable of how things worked before. I mean we were starting with flags before lights came along---and you could even go deep back then.....In your defense many racers don't understand staging and its methods very well.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I am old and forgetful. If you only have a stage beam and no prestage beam, how can you go deep and knock out 1 bulb if it is the only beam and not be red? Her post implied that there was only 1 beam.
I don't remember a tree without prestage and stage. Was there one?
I remember all the smart racers went waaaay deep when there was a flagman. Smile

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
right---the procedure was to during time runs count the number of bumps until the light went out then take one less bump keeping it on. Be surprised how far you could go in with staggered front wheels---until they got on to that!