DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Ihra prohibits deep staging?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ihra prohibits deep staging?
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted
Did i see this correctly ...started to pre enter at the farm and rules state no deep staging at sportsman spec race...is that correct? If so...ihra just lost 3 entry's from us at at least 4 races

Posts: 1551 | Location: v*** | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
"Deep staging prohibited in all classes including juniors."

Posts: 521 | Location: Southeast | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 67SS
posted Hide Post
That is the way I read it too Tim. Typical IHRA way of thinking Slap Head

I should say typical any HRA way of thinking...

Chad Harris

Posts: 1263 | Location: Vinton, Virginia | Registered: May 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
They could care less cuz they’ve lost way more than 3.....in all classes...Gone be lucky to have any tracks left...

Posts: 1258 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 67SS
posted Hide Post
I emailed them a while back asking if cross talk will be turned off once the no box car enters box. I was told yes but who knows if they will actually do it. Then I emailed Mike Baker about if you have to be an IHRA member to race. It just mentions summit super series racers getting contingency but nothing about IHRA membership. I get a short email back that I need to read all event rules. Well I did but it's not exactly clear...at least to me it's not.

Chad Harris

Posts: 1263 | Location: Vinton, Virginia | Registered: May 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
The problem is they do not have a No-Box/Footbrake class. It is a Box race where they let bottom bulbers compete. Deep staging generates a number of issues in a delay box class, from AutoStart to the distraction of the pre-stage bulb being knocked out as or just before the tree fires. If all drivers were sportsmanlike and knowledgeable on how the system works, it would be okay. Unfortunately, that's not always the case.

__
Michael Beard - staginglight@gmail.com
Staging Light Graphic Design, Printing & Event Marketing

Posts: 5736 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I wish IHRA would reconsider this. It doesn't affect me, but, it does friends who would have otherwise attended. They could have made the rule "No Deep Staging in Box" for the event of double entries. If the last box car is a deep stager, explain to both racers in that pair that no games will be tolerated.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I think Michael pretty well summed it up. As with Capitol Raceway's new "program", it is all about Top Eliminator without officially excluding footbrakers. Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Deep staging is perfectly fine at any race where no deep staging is allowed.

However,when the top light goes out,you went too far. Smile

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Hotrod Corvette
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 442OLDS:

I don't have a dog in this fight but
There is a lot of logic in that statement.

Burt

I'm So Proud To Be An American And Not A Democrat...

Posts: 1219 | Location: Clinton Township, MI | Registered: September 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
guess that counts me out.....Must be a bunch of idiots dreamed this up. I had thought about giving this a go but now not likely.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Beard:
The problem is they do not have a No-Box/Footbrake class. It is a Box race where they let bottom bulbers compete. Deep staging generates a number of issues in a delay box class, from AutoStart to the distraction of the pre-stage bulb being knocked out as or just before the tree fires. If all drivers were sportsmanlike and knowledgeable on how the system works, it would be okay. Unfortunately, that's not always the case.

Very well stated.
I have never been a fan of combo races. They end up crappy for both groups. Or at least one of the groups. There is just no way to make it right.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6407 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 442OLDS:

Amen

Mike

Posts: 1566 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
Don't make that assumption. In categories where deep staging is illegal, the blue light function may be active on the tree, in which case deep staging would result in a red light.

__
Michael Beard - staginglight@gmail.com
Staging Light Graphic Design, Printing & Event Marketing

Posts: 5736 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
Give them some time, they're new to this. They aren't very friendly if you ask questions or make comments.

Posts: 1462 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Eman:
Give them some time, they're new to this. They aren't very friendly if you ask questions or make comments.

You are right.I am new to this,but I am friendly.

You need to explain to me why I can't stage deeper without putting the top light out.

Which tracks don't allow this?

I still respect courtesy staging and get in without screwing around.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
if i bump in an inch or 2 accidentally i get disqualified ?

Posts: 62 | Location: Larwill,In | Registered: September 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Maybe offer the deep racer the same option as the dragster racer. Let them roll across the start line and then back up into the Stage and then PreStage light keeping both lit.

Posts: 2462 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
Maybe offer the deep racer the same option as the dragster racer. Let them roll across the start line and then back up into the Stage and then PreStage light keeping both lit.

That seems "fair" as long as the guy doesn't forget to take the car out of reverse. Smile

DRR Sportsman
Picture of FastLane
posted Hide Post
How do racers from division 4 race with out deep staging? It has not been allowed here in 15+ years. Turn the top light out and your done.

Posts: 395 | Location: Parked... | Registered: May 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post