DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    LVMS "The Strip" 2023 Schedule
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LVMS "The Strip" 2023 Schedule
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Al,

You racing this weekend? I Need to come by & introduce myself.

2BKING Smile

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2549 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
1/8 mile, you'll get used to it. You'll like it once you experience its benefits.

Uhh NOPE

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4467 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Dave,

Never mind...I got put in check...just have fun!

2BKING Wink

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2549 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
My objection to the 1/8 mile format is purely selfish. I like to attend the bracket stuff to work on the .90 set up. Cant do that 1/8 mile. SO I will likely not be there much as that is my priority currently.

I won't be there this weekend we have some family stuff going on this weekend. When I do make it out will likely be in my 64 Plymouth trying to remember how to bottom bulb race. It's been 21 years since I have done that. It needs a chassis tag and some little stuff. I will not make it til likely the third race as we will be testing the heads up car during race 2.

Best of luck to all this weekend wissh I coudl make it. As for the truck it will likely not run there for a bit but will make the test and tune stuff later this spring. Looks like we will be making the trek 620 miles to Sac Raceway to test it.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 990 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Thanks Al!

I'll look you up when you do make it out. Good luck with the testing!

2BKING Smile

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Many are not liking the 1/8th mile & I understand the different reason. I'm actually considering going back to Super Pro just because of being 1/8th mile. Wink

2BKING Smile

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
When I'm doing something for enjoyment I want it to last as long as possible.

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4467 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:
Many are not liking the 1/8th mile & I understand the different reason. I'm actually considering going back to Super Pro just because of being 1/8th mile. Wink

2BKING Smile

Damn right, smart move.

Anything worth having won't be easy.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I'm good on both the top & bottom bulb; I've won big money on both! Wink If Super Pro is going to stay 1/8th mile, then I'll probably convert back. I really need to get my quicker/faster tune-up ironed out 1st.

2BKING Smile

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by imakehp:
When I'm doing something for enjoyment I want it to last as long as possible.

You are going about it wrong then, you need a slower race vehicle! Razz

2BKING Wink

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm good on both the top & bottom bulb; I've won big money on both! Wink If Super Pro is going to stay 1/8th mile, then I'll probably convert back. I really need to get my quicker/faster tune-up ironed out 1st.

2BKING Smile

That's what I'm saying,I got the shyt kicked out of me last year Super Pro starting off with a clean sheet of paper testing during competition high gear only on a 8.5" wide DOT street tire. It's pretty good now, came around at the end of season after 3 gear, 3 converter and 2 intake and carb changes.

I think a ProCharger that prints Super Pro slips in a door car and wins, would be bad to the bone.

Won't be a easy task though. Nobody has done it.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
We hope to have the dragster out in a couple months as well. Certainly by March as my son wants to run the Mopar Q32 deal. The LVMS S/Pro weapon of choice, door cars are few and far between anymore here Smile Should run ok, went 4.50's here before this freshen up and has some more compression and camshaft this time.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 990 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
The car is quicker & faster, but: the rear gear is not right for 1/4 mile. I guess that's what the high side limiter is for. We have heat in the plug now, but the motor is still pig fat. Plus, the converter is still to tight. Oh well, we start racing tomorrow!

2BKING Big Grin

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
The car is quicker & faster, but: the rear gear is not right for 1/4 mile. I guess that's what the high side limiter is for. We have heat in the plug now, but the motor is still pig fat. Plus, the converter is still to tight. Oh well, we start racing tomorrow!

2BKING Big Grin

Besides the above, we went racing Sat. & Sun. The car was a pain in the butt for reaction times with this set-up. We attribute the inconsistent reactions to the new front shock setting & the smaller leaking Hoosier radials. I'm sure some of it was me also! Eek

We had a 1st round loss on Sat. & semifinals (3 cars) on Sun. It wasn't pretty, but had a good time!

2BKING back to the set-up. Smile

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
***HERE'S THE DATES THAT MATTER***

April 4-8, 2023 - K&N SPRING FLING MILLION!

Here's your opportunity #1 LOSER B1TCH to line up with me 1st round in the Pro Field. Actually, you have 4 races to do so, that's including the Million. Someone of your so-called delusional caliber/skills will surely be at the Spring Fling Million sitting in the Firechicken compete seat & racing in competition.

Here comes all your fragile ego, scared & loser excuses! BlahBlah

2BKING Cool

That will never happen. You do realize he lives through his son who actually does win some rounds.

At least I do all my own stunts.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4019 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
quote:

2BKING Smile

That's what I'm saying,I got the shyt kicked out of me last year Super Pro starting off with a clean sheet of paper testing during competition high gear only on a 8.5" wide DOT street tire. It's pretty good now, came around at the end of season after 3 gear, 3 converter and 2 intake and carb changes.

I think a ProCharger that prints Super Pro slips in a door car and wins, would be bad to the bone.

Won't be a easy task though. Nobody has done it.

Mike,

There's not too many ProChargers winning (if any) in normal bracket racing in Pro or Super Pro. They seem to be the norm in Top Dragster & do very well. While I've seen blowers & turbos bracket racing, they don't seem to win very often & struggle to get out of the 1st or 2nd round. This past weekend I raced 2 blown cars; one was a blown 9.70 late model Mustang & the other was a 10.90 roots blown 33 or 34 coupe. Neither one faired very well.

This set-up is deadly & I haven't got the EFI figured out yet; it's a B...astard tune as I call it! Wink I hope to get a big $$$ race win this year, but I need to catch up with the car. I've been lacking since climbing back into the old shoe! Eek

2BKING is trying to make things happen. Big Grin

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
quote:
***HERE'S THE DATES THAT MATTER***

April 4-8, 2023 - K&N SPRING FLING MILLION!

Here's your opportunity #1 LOSER B1TCH to line up with me 1st round in the Pro Field. Actually, you have 4 races to do so, that's including the Million. Someone of your so-called delusional caliber/skills will surely be at the Spring Fling Million sitting in the Firechicken compete seat & racing in competition.

Here comes all your fragile ego, scared & loser excuses! BlahBlah

2BKING Cool

That will never happen. You do realize he lives through his son who actually does win some rounds.

At least I do all my own stunts.

Curly,

He's a Keyboard racer, that sums it up pretty good.

2BKING been racing at tracks East of the Mississippi & returning this summer. Wink
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Coming down the home stretch for the Feb 17-18 race.....
Got everything done on the car, truck and trailer..
Just booked my room for Fri, Sat and Sun...

I THINK I've covered everything.....but I'll believe it when I'm actually on the way Friday morning...figure if I leave by 4am I should be at the track by 10-11

Dave

F J B

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
^^^^ smart move getting out of town before Traffic gets ugly !

clapping

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by imakehp:
Coming down the home stretch for the Feb 17-18 race.....
Got everything done on the car, truck and trailer..
Just booked my room for Fri, Sat and Sun...

I THINK I've covered everything.....but I'll believe it when I'm actually on the way Friday morning...figure if I leave by 4am I should be at the track by 10-11

Dave & others travelling to Vegas to race on Feb 17 - 19th....

For Fridays T&T the gates open at 1:00 pm.

Sat. & Sun. races are a little different, there are no Jr's scheduled to run. The start times are earlier 10:00 am & the gates will usually open an hour before. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up! Wink

2BKING Big Grin

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436